Professor Savvas Papagiannidis
David Goldman Prof of Innovation & Enterprise
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 2081598
- Personal Website: http://www.papagiannidis.org
- Address: Newcastle University Business School
5 Barrack Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4SE
- Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) in E-business
- PhD Theoretical Physics
- MEd Practitioner Enquiry
- MA International Studies
- PG Certificate In Academic Practice
- BSc Hons Theoretical Physics
- Member of the British Academy of Management
- Member of Institute of Physics (MInstP)
- Member of the UK Academy of Information Systems (UKAIS)
- Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (RSA)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Elected member of the British Academy of Management Council
- Chair of the British Academy of Management Ebusiness & Egovernment SIG & Track Chair
- Member of the UKAIS Board
- Head of the Marketing, Operations and Systems Subject Group
- Head of the Innovation and Enterpreneurship and Ebusiness Group
- Research Group Leader for Innovation Systems
- Degree Programme Director of MSc Ebusiness (Emarketing and IS)
- Member of the Alumni Consultative Group and vice-chairman of the NE NUBS Alumni Branch
My research interests mainly revolve around electronic business and its various sub-domains and high tech entrepreneurship. More specifically, my research aims to inform our understanding of how e-business technologies affect the social and business environment, organisational strategies and business models, and how these are implemented in terms of functional innovations. My work puts strong emphasis on innovation, new value creation and exploitation of entrepreneurial opportunities, within the context of different industries. Apart from the impact that the Internet and related technologies can have on businesses, I am also very much interested in the impact such technologies can have on individual users.
I am currently working on a number of e-related papers (e.g. on virtual worlds, political marketing and mobile video). A few of my publications may be also available in the e-print section of University's main web site.
- E-learning & Higher Education
- ICT Innovation, Adoption and Acceptance
- Social / New Media
- Virtual worlds / metaverses
- Internet and other emerging technologies
Apart from postgraduate dissertation supervision, I am supervising a number of doctoral students.
Editorial Boards Participation
I am one of the founding editors of the International Journal of Business Science & Applied Management (www.business-and-management.org) and a member of a number of editorial boards (e.g. the advisory board of Technological Forecasting and Social Change).
- Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC): North East Fuse Project: Map the art business clusters Duration: 03/2016 – 09/2018 Funding: £15,407 (for the sub-project I worked on).
- Newcastle University Institute of Social Renewal Project: Psychological process that determines post-retirement entrepreneurial intention Duration: 12/2014–06/2015 Funding: £1,250
- British Academy of Management E-business and E-government SIG Doctoral/ ECR Workshops Project: Organise 5 doctoral and early career research workshops on e-business and e-government. Duration: 11/2014–11/2015 Total Funding: £11,500
- Newcastle University Business School Research Fund Project: Enhancing the online brand experience Duration: 03/2014 – 06/2014 Funding: £1,000
- Newcastle University Enterprise Activity Support Fund Project name: Engage CMS Duration: 03/2014 – 07/2014 Funding: £25,000
- Newcastle University Research Internships Project: The use of space by a social enterprise / Social media and engagement Duration:06/2013 – 08/2013 Funding: £3,000
- Newcastle University Institute of Social Renewal
5 x Research and Engagement Projects on Social Renewal Duration:06/2013 – 07/2013 Funding: £4,350
- Newcastle University Research Internships Project: Web Site Change: Studying the diffusion of Internet technologies Duration:04/2012 – 07/2012 Funding: £3,000
- Newcastle University REF Fund & Business School Project: Studying 3D product authenticity Duration: 09/2010 – 08/2011 Funding: £3,000
- Newcastle University Teaching and Innovation Fund Award Project: Delivery of online taster courses Duration:04/2010 – 02/2011 Funding: £4,500
- Newcastle University Business Voucher Scheme Project: To improve the online presence and services of a local SME. Duration: 12/2009-01/2010 Funding: £4,000
- Newcastle University Teaching and Innovation Fund Award Project: Delivery of online taster courses Duration: 04/2009 – 10/2009 Funding: £5,000
- British Telecoms Research Fellowship Duration: 11/2008-02/2009 Topic: Online video services
- KTP: Developing and Implementing an E-Business System in Peacocks Medical Group Project jointly funded by the DTI, ESRC and Peacocks Medical Group under the Knowledge Transfer Programme (KTP). To map and re-engineer the company's key business processes and put in place the supporting IT and e-business systems in order to improve competitiveness and customer services and reduce costs and lead-time. Duration 2005-2007 Funding £99,044
- Development and Implementation of the Online Resource Portal for British Academy of Management. Funding £17,625 Working with BAM Council and BAM Executive to specify, design, develop and implement an online resource portal for the British Academy of Management.
- Newcastle University HASS Faculty Teaching Fellowship Develop a management information system to facilitate institutional assessment strategies. Duration: 2006-2007 Funding £12,000
Teaching & Curriculum Development
Following my research, most of the modules I have taught relate to e-business and information systems (e.g. E-business and Business Systems). I have also taught on generic modules, such as Research Methods and Consultancy Projects. I supervise students' research work at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
For many years I was the Degree Programme Director and responsible for the promotion and admission of the multidisciplinary MSc in Ebusiness (Emarketing and Information Systems).
Pedagogical Research & Teaching Innovation
I am very enthusiastic about my teaching and over the past few years I have worked hard to improve not only my own practice (e.g. I completed an MEd in Practitioner Enquiry and a PG Certificate in Academic Practice), but also to positively influence that of my colleagues. For example, I held a Newcastle University HASS Teaching Fellowship, which examined student assessment patterns across the University using a web application. I also completed two Innovation in Teaching and Learning Projects related to e-learning. Findings from my teaching and learning focused projects have been published in journals such as Studies in Higher Education and the International Journal of Management Education. Moreover, I have been nominated for Newcastle University’s Vice-Chancellor's Distinguished Teacher Award.
Teaching Philosophy Statement
My aim as teacher is to promote a learner-cantered environment that promotes self-sufficient learners. I see teaching as more than just the road to knowledge and understanding. I see teaching as the vehicle to appreciation of one's ability to think for one's self. The vehicle is not a mechanistic transmission and reception of factual information. It is an adventure, full of discoveries and countless opportunities for exploration. At the same time, it is a continuous re-evaluation of one's norms and paradigms. Self-sufficient learners are effectively life-long learners, who are well-equipped to go through the long journey of life constantly expanding their horizons. It is not though the destination that matters, but the journey itself. The destination, i.e. knowledge, is waiting patiently to reward the travellers for their courage to embark on the journey, even if, by the time they reach it, they have been rewarded by the countless experiences gained and skills acquired. The riches of knowledge were what the learners sought after and every moment and every step made them wealthier. The sheer excitement of the discoveries though along their path and the passion for pushing their limits further will keep their spirits high and see them through the journey.
- Yang Y, Papagiannidis S, See-To E, Assimakopoulos D. Towards A Big Data Approach For Identifying Economic Clusters. In: British Academy of Management 2017 Conference. 2017, Warwick, UK.
- Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M, Alamanos E, Dennis C. Preferences of smart shopping channels and their impact on perceived wellbeing and social inclusion. Computers in Human Behaviour 2017, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Dennis C, Bourlakis M, Alamanos E, Papagiannidis S, Brakus J. Value co-creation through multiple shopping channels: The interconnections with social exclusion and wellbeing. International Journal of Electronic Commerce 2017. In Press.
- Hajli N, Shanmugam M, Papagiannidis S, Zahay D, Richard M. Branding co-creation with members of online brand communities. Journal of Business Research 2017, 70, 136-144.
- Papagiannidis S, Pantano E, See-To E, Dennis C, Bourlakis M. To immerse or not? Experimenting with two virtual retail environments. Information Technology & People 2017, 30(1), Epub ahead of print.
- Palamida E, Xanthopoulou D, Papagiannidis S, Stamati T. Exploring intentions towards human, social, and financial capital investments in a turbulent economic environment. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation 2016, Epub ahead of print.
- Manika D, Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M. Understanding the effects of a social media service failure apology: A comparative study of customers vs. potential customers. International Journal of Information Management 2016.
- Papagiannidis S, Manika D. Political Participation and Engagement via Different Online and Offline Channels. International Journal of E-Business Research 2016, 12(4), 1-22.
- Lu Y, Papagiannidis S, Alamanos E. A Study of the Internet of Things from the Users’ Perspective. In: British Academy of Management 2016. 2016, Newcastle, UK. In Preparation.
- Dennis C, Papagiannidis S, Alamanos E, Bourlakis M. The role of brand attachment strength in higher education. Journal of Business Research 2016, 69(8), 3049-3057.
- Dermentzi E, Papagiannidis S, Osorio Toro C, Yannopoulou N. Academic engagement: Differences between intention to adopt Social Networking Sites and other online technologies. Computers in Human Behavior 2016, 61, 321-332.
- Dermentzi E, Papagiannidis S. Academics’ Intention to Adopt Online Technologies for Public Engagement. In: Engage HEI 2016 Conference. 2016, University of Central Lancashire, UK. In Preparation.
- Dennis C, Papagiannidis S, Alamanos E, Bourlakis M. The role of brand attachment strength in higher education. In: 23rd International Conference on Recent Advances in Retailing and Services Science, EIRASS. 2016, Edinburgh. In Preparation.
- Dennis C, Papagiannidis S, Alamanos E, Bourlakis M. The role of brand attachment and its antecedents in brand equity in higher education. In: Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference. 2016, Lake Buena Vista, FL, USA: Academy of Marketing Science.
- Dermentzi E, Papagiannidis S, Osorio C, Yannopoulou N. Academics' Intention to Adopt SNS for Engagement within Academia. In: 12th International Conference on Web Information Systems and Technologies. 2016, Rome, Italy: SciTePress.
- Dennis C, Alamanos E, Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M. Does social exclusion influence multiple channel use? The interconnections with community, happiness and well-being. Journal of Business Research 2016, 69(3), 1061-1070.
- Kraus S, Richter C, Papagiannidis S, Durst S. Innovating and exploiting entrepreneurial opportunities in Smart Cities: Evidence from Germany. Creativity and Innovation Management 2015, 24(4), 601-616.
- Palamida E, Papagiannidis S, Xanthopoulou D, Stamati T. Capital, motives and their link to investment intentions: The moderating role of the financial crisis in Greece. Journal of Small Business Management 2014, 53(Suppl. 1), 115-144.
- Richter C, Papagiannidis S, Kraus S, Durst S. Exploring Smart City Innovation: The case of 12 German entrepreneurs. In: British Academy of Management 2015 Conference. 2015, Portsmouth, UK.
- Alamanos E, Dennis C, Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M. Value Co-Creation, Shopping Channels, Social Exclusion and Wellbeing. In: 22nd International Conference on Recent Advances in Retailing and Services Science. 2015, Montreal, Canada.
- Papagiannidis S, Gebka B, Gertner D, Stahl F. Diffusion of web technologies and practices: A longitudinal study. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2015, 96, 308-321.
- Palamida E, Papagiannidis S, Xanthopoulou D, Trainer G. Autonomous Motivation And Autonomy Support Among Students: Applying The Trans-contextual Model In An Entrepreneurial Educational Setting. In: Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference. 2015, Wellesley, MA, USA. In Press.
- Palamida E, Papagiannidis S, Xanthopoulou D. Linking Capital to Investment Intentions: Applying the Theory of Planned Behaviour in Different Cultural Backgrounds. In: Eleventh Biennial Conference on Entrepreneurship EDII. 2015, Ahmedabad, India.
- Pang G, Casalin F, Papagiannidis S, Muyldermans L, Tse YK. Price determinants for remanufactured electronic products: a case study on eBay UK. International Journal of Production Research 2015, 53(2), 572-589.
- Manika D, Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M. Can a CEO's YouTube apology following a service failure win customers' hearts?. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2015, 95, 87-95.
- Papagiannidis S, Gebka B, Gertner D, Stahl F. Longitudinally studying the diffusion of web technologies. In: Second Pan IIM – World Management Conference. 2014, Kozhikode, India.
- Dennis C, Alamanos E, Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M. Investigating the effect of retail operations on consumer's social inclusion and wellbeing. In: British Academy of Management 2014 Conference. 2014, Belfast: British Academy of Management.
- Dermentzi E, Osorio C, Papagiannidis S, Yannopoulou N. Exploring academics’ intention to adopt Social Networking Sites for engagement and impact. In: British Academy of Management 2014 Conference. 2014, Belfast: British Academy of Management.
- Alamanos E, Charles D, Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M. Social Exclusion, Shopping and Well Being: A three - shopping channel approach. In: 2014 Shopper Marketing & Pricing Conference. 2014, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Osorio C, Papagiannidis S. Main factors for joining new social networking sites. In: Human-Computer Interaction 16th International Conference 2014. 2014, Heraklion, Crete, Greece: HCI International.
- Palamida E, Papagiannidis S, Xanthopoulou D, Trainer G. From University entrepreneurial education to venture creation intentions: The role of autonomous motivation and autonomy support. In: European Academy of Management (EURAM) 2014 Conference. 2014, Valencia, Spain.
- Papagiannidis S, See-To E, Bourlakis M. Virtual Test-driving: The impact of simulated products on purchase intention. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services 2014, 21(5), 877-887.
- Dermentzi E, Papagiannidis S. Use of ICT for Research Dissemination and Stakeholder Engagement. In: 19th UKAIS Conference on Information Systems. 2014, Oxford, UK: UKAIS.
- See-To E, Papagiannidis S, Westland JC. The moderating role of income on consumers' preferences and usage for online and offline payment methods. Electronic Commerce Research 2014, 14(2), 189-213.
- Papagiannidis S, Pantano E, See-To E, Bourlakis M. Modelling the determinants of a simulated experience in a virtual retail store and users' product purchasing intentions. Journal of Marketing Management 2013, 29(13-14), 1462-1492.
- Papagiannidis S, Stamati T, Behr H. Online engagement and impact: The case of Greek politicians during the financial crisis. International Journal of E-Business Research 2013, 9(4), 47-66.
- Roelofse E, Pereira JC, Yannopoulou N, Papagiannidis S. Clan Marketing: Tribal marketing and the implications for retaining and recruiting members for a social enterprise . In: 12th International Colloquium on Nonprofit, Arts, Heritage, and Social Marketing. 2013, Edinburgh, UK.
- Manika D, Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M. The effects of a CEO's YouTube apology for service failure on customer's behavioural intentions. In: British Academy of Management Conference. 2013, Liverpool, UK. In Press.
- Palamida E, Papagiannidis S, Xanthopoulou D. Analysing individuals’ investment intentions: An application of the extended Theory of Planned Behaviour model in the Greek context. In: European Academy of Management Conference (EURAM). 2013, Instabul, Turkey. In Press.
- Papagiannidis S, Manika D. Social media and political participation in Greece during the financial crisis. In: 42nd European Marketing Academy Conference (EMAC). 2013, Instabul, Turkey. In Press.
- Xanthopoulou D, Lemonaki R, Stamati T, Papagiannidis S. The Crossover of Task Performance and Work Engagement: A Study among Leaders and their Subordinates. In: 16th Congress of the European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology. 2013, Münster, Germany.
- Alshamaileh Y, Papagiannidis S, Stamati T. Cloud computing adoption in Greece. In: 18th UKAIS Conference on Information Systems. 2013, Oxford, UK.
- Papagiannidis S. Adopting online taster courses in postgraduate recruitment: The case of a British business school. Studies in Higher Education 2011, 38(7), 1058-1078.
- Alshamaila Y, Papagiannidis S, Li F. Cloud Computing Adoption by SMEs in the North East of England: A multi-perspective framework. Journal of Enterprise Information Management 2013, 26(3), 250-275.
- See-To E, Papagiannidis S, Cho V. User experience on mobile video appreciation: how to engross users and to enhance their enjoyment in watching mobile video clips. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2012, 79(8), 1484-1494.
- Xanthopoulou D, Papagiannidis S. Play online, work better? Examing the spillover of active learning and transformational leadership. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2012, 79(7), 1328-1339.
- Papagiannidis S, Coursaris C, Bourlakis M. Do websites influence the nature of voting intentions? The case of two national elections in Greece. Computers in Human Behavior 2012, 28(2), 300-307.
- Xanthopoulou D, Papagiannidis S. Games-Work Interaction: The Beneficial Impact of Computer Games on Work Behaviors. In: Bakker, A.B., Derks, D, ed. The Psychology of Digital Media at Work. United Kingdom: Psychology Press, 2012. In Press.
- Palamida E, Papagiannidis S, Xanthopoulou D. Studying entrepreneurial team formation from an individual perspective: The role of human, social, financial capital and motives. In: 14th International Behavioral Ecology Congress (ISBE). 2012, Dublin, Ireland.
- Palamida E, Papagianindis S, Xantopoulou D, Stamati T. Predicting entrepreneurial team formation intentionality: Applying the Theory of Planned Behaviour. In: Annual Conference of the EuroMed Academy of Business. 2012, Glion-Montreux, Switzerland.
- Alshamaileh Y, Papagiannidis S, Li F. Cloud Computing Adoption: An exploratory Study. In: 8th International Conference on Web Infromation Systems and Technologies (WEBIST). 2012, Porto, Portugal.
- Palamida E, Papagiannidis S, Xanthopoulou D, Stamati T. Revisiting the skills brokerage business model: An application to the Greek Financial Crisis. In: British Academy of Management Annual Conference. 2012, Cardiff, UK.
- Papagiannidis S, Stamati T, Behr H. Social Media and Politics: Engaging and Influencing voters. In: British Academy of Management Annual Conference. 2012, Cardiff, UK.
- Papagiannidis S, Riedler C, Fink M, Kraus S. Forschungsleistungen der deutschsprachigen Entrepreneurship-Forschung. Zeitschrift für KMU und Entrepreneurship 2011, 59(4), 301-322.
- Xanthopoulou D, Papagiannidis S. Play Online, Work Better? Spillover of Active Learning and Transformational Leadership. In: European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology. 2011, Maastricht, Netherlands.
- Palamida E, Xanthopoulou D, Papagiannidis S. Brokering skills for well-being. In: British Academy of Management. 2011, Aston Business School, Birmingham, UK: Accepted.
- Osorio C, Papagiannidis S. Towards understanding micro-social networks. In: British Academy of Management. 2011, Aston Business School, Birmingham, UK: Accepted.
- Li F, Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M. Living in 'multiple spaces': extending our socioeconomic environment through virtual worlds. Environment and Planning D: Society and Space 2010, 28(3), 425-446.
- Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M. Staging the new retail drama: At a metaverse near you!. Journal of Virtual Worlds Research 2010, 2(5), 3-17.
- King A, Stahl F, Papagiannidis S. Using the Internet Archive for measuring web site change: A methodology. In: Annual London Business Research Conference. 2010, London, UK.
- Papagiannidis S, Coursaris C, Bourlakis M. Do web sites affect voting decisions? Exploring the findings from two general elections in Greece. In: British Academy of Management 2010 Conference. 2010, Sheffield, UK.
- Coursaris C, Papagiannidis S. Online political marketing in Greece: An evaluation of the 2007 national elections and two case studies. Computers in Human Behavior 2009, 25(4), 853-861.
- Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M, Li F. I have an avatar therefore I exist. Electronic Commerce Research 2009, 9(1-2), 1-2.
- Bourlakis M, Papagiannidis S, Li F. Retail spatial evolution: Paving the way from traditional to metaverse retailing. Electronic Commerce Research 2009, 9(1-2), 135-148.
- Theodoulou T, Papagiannidis S. Still watching other people's programmes? The case of current TV. International Journal of e-Business Research 2009, 5(4), 55-67.
- Papagiannidis S, Li F, Etzkowitz H, Clouser M. Entrepreneurial Networks: A Triple Helix Approach for Brokering Human and Social Capital. Journal of International Entrepreneurship 2009, 7(3), 215-235.
- Papagiannidis S, Berry J, Theodoulou T. A tale of e-business models: from the music to the television industry. In: Lee, I, ed. Emergent strategies for e-business processes, services, and implications: advancing corporate frameworks. Hershey, PA: IGI Global, 2009, pp.104-122.
- Papagiannidis S, Appleby S. An evaluation of online video services. In: British Academy of Management 2009 Conference. 2009, Brighton, UK.
- Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis MA. Experiencing metaverse retailing: A glimpse of the future?. In: IABE-2009 Greece Summer Conference. 2009, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Kraus S, Papagiannidis S, Fink M. Publikationspräferenzen und -leistungen deutschsprachiger Entrepreneurship-Forscher - Eine vorläufige Analyse anhand des VHB Jourqual 2008-Rankings (Publication Preferences and Performance of German-speaking Entrepreneurship Researchers - A Preliminary Analysis on the Basis of the VHB Jourqual 2008 Ranking). In: 13th Annual Interdisciplinary Entrepreneurship Conference. 2009, Leipzig/Germany.
- Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis MA. Advertising in the networked environment: Implications for fair use, media convergence and consumer privacy. In: Quigley, M, ed. Encyclopedia of Information Ethics and Security. Hershey, PA: Idea Group Reference, 2008, pp.15-22.
- Papagiannidis S, Coursaris C. An examination of candidate Web sites as a political campaigning tool in the 2007 Greek national elections. In: British Academy of Management 2008 Conference. 2008, Harrogate, UK.
- Martin K, Papagiannidis S, Li F, Bourlakis M, Cook S, Hansell A. Early challenges of implementing an e-commerce system in a medical supply company: A case experience from a knowledge transfer partnership (KTP). International Journal of Information Management 2008, 28(1), 68-75.
- Bourlakis M, Papagiannidis S, Fox H. E-consumer behaviour: Past, present and future trajectories of an evolving retail revolution. International Journal of e-Business Research 2008, 4(3), 64-76.
- Bourlakis MA, Papagiannidis S. Examining the intertwined spatial relationships in food retailing: The case of Second Life. In: 2nd International European Forum on System Dynamics. 2008, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria.
- Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis MA, Li F. Fulfilling the e-supply chain of digital print. International Journal of Information Technology and Management 2008, 7(1), 98–112.
- Woerndl M, Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis MA, Li F. Internet-induced marketing techniques: Critical factors of viral marketing. International Journal of Business Science and Applied Management 2008, 3(1), 33-45.
- Papagiannidis S. Is it really possible to think strategically about assessment?. International Journal of Management Education 2008, 6(3), 5-12.
- Berry J, Papagiannidis S. Live Music and Performances in a Virtual World. In: M. Pagani, ed. Encyclopedia of Multimedia Technology and Networking. Hershey, PA: Idea Group Reference, 2008, pp.849-853.
- Li F, Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M. Living in ‘Multiple Spaces’: MMORPGS and their Business Implications. In: Academy of Management Conference. 2008, Anaheim, California.
- Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M, Li F. Making real money in virtual worlds: MMORPGs and emerging business opportunities, challenges and ethical implications in metaverses. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2008, 75(5), 610-622.
- Bourlakis M, Papagiannidis S, Fox H. Trusting the Avatar: An examination of trust and risk factors in electronic and virtual retailing. In: Kautonen, T; Karjaluoto, H, ed. Trust and New Technologies: Marketing and Management on the Internet and Mobile Media. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2008, pp.40-55.
- Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis MA, Vafopoulos M. Banking in Second Life: Marketing Opportunities and Repercussions. In: Paper presented at the 1st Biannual International Conference: Strategic Developments in Services Marketing. 2007, Chios, Greece.
- Barlow A, Duncan P, Li F, Papagiannidis S. Editorial: New Frontiers in e-Business and e-Government: Emerging opportunities and Challenges. International Journal of Business Science and Applied Management 2007, 2(1), 3-8.
- Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis MA, Li F. From E-retailing to Meta-retailing: Evolution or Revolution?. In: British Academy of Management Conference. 2007, Warwick, UK.
- Li F, Papagiannidis S, Barlow A, Duncan P. New Frontiers in e-Business and e-Government. International Journal of Business Science and Applied Management 2007, 2(1), 1-2.
- Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis MA. The Consumer Ethics of the Virtual Environment: An Aetiology. In: IRMA International Conference. 2007, Vancouver: IGI Publisher.
- Papagiannidis S, Berry J. What has been learned from emergent music business models?. International Journal of E-Business Research 2007, 3(3), 25-42.
- Papagiannidis S, Berry J, Li F. Well beyond streaming video: IPv6 and the next generation television. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2006, 73(5), 510-523.
- Papagiannidis S, Li F. Netservey: mixed-mode surveys without the practicalities. In: Reynolds, RA; Woods, R; Baker, JD, ed. Handbook of Research on Electronic Surveys and Measurements. Hershey PA: Idea Group Reference, 2006, pp.222-229.
- Berry J, Papagiannidis S. Technology: promise or threat? The digitisation of the music industry supply chain. In: Logistics Research Network. 2006, Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Martin K, Papagiannidis S, Li F. The challenges and opportunities of implementing an e-supply chain system: The case of Peacocks Medical Group Limited. Newcastle upon Tyne: University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 2006. Logistics Research Network 2006.
- Papagiannidis S, Carr J, Li F. United Kingdom: Current M-Commerce Developments and Future Prospects. In: Dholakia, N; Rask, N; Dholakia, RR, ed. M-Commerce: Global Experiences and Perspectives. Hershey, PA: Idea Group Publishing, 2006, pp.220-239.
- Papagiannidis S, Li F. Skills brokerage: A new model for business start-ups in the networked economy. European Management Journal 2005, 23(4), 471-482.
- Papagiannidis S, Li F. Management and delivery of digital print via the web: A case study of Gaia Fulfilment. International Journal of Cases of Electronic Commerce 2005, 1(1), 1-18.
- Papagiannidis S, Berry J, Li F. Internet Protocol version 6, an assessment and analysis of its potential effects. In: Marshall, S;l Taylor, W; Xinghuo, Y, ed. Encyclopedia of developing regional communities with information and communication technology. Australia: Idea Group Reference, 2005, pp.564-568.
- Papagiannidis S, Bex A. Entrepreneurial E-Business Development: Mercenary Risk Theory. In: 5th WSEAS International Conference on Distant Learning and Web Engineering. 2005, Corfu.
- Petchey T, Papagiannidis S. The impact of the Internet on small independent record labels: an exploratory study. In: 5th WSEAS International Conference on Distant Learning and Web Engineering. 2005, Corfu.
- Papagiannidis S, Berry J, Li F. Possible impact and implications of Internet Protocol 6 on Television Broadcasts. In: 27th ISBA Conference. 2004, Newcastle-Gateshead.
- Goss JP, Briddon PR, Papagiannidis S, Jones R. Interstitial nitrogen and its complexes in diamond. Physical Review B 2004, 70(23), 235208.
- Knight D, Walsh S, Papagiannidis S. I’m having a Spring Clear Out: A Corpus-based Analysis of e-transactional Discourse . Applied Linguistics 2017, 38(2), 235-257.