Professor Suraksha Gupta
Professor of Marketing
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44(0)203 752 2461
- Address: Newcastle University London
102 Middlesex Street
London, E1 7EZ
Suraksha Gupta is the Professor of Socially Responsible Marketing at Newcastle University London.
She holds a PhD from Brunel University in UK, MBA from Institute of Management Technology in India and Bachelor of Commerce from University of Delhi, India.
Research publications of Suraksha Gupta have appeared in highly reputed journals such as Journal of World Business, Journal of Business Research, Industrial Marketing Management, European Journal of Marketing, Technological Forecating and Social Change, Thunderbird International Business Review, Studies in Higher Education, Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal, International Studies in Management Education etc.
For full publication list of Prof Suraksha Gupta, please click on the following link:
Suraksha Gupta specialises in marketing activities of multinational firms and international brands in developing markets, particularly India. Her practitioner background with academic skills make her research highly relevant to the industrial practices. She works on contribution of multinational companies towards social development issues like "energy for all" and "health for all" from the perspective of development of actors in business-to-business networks and well-being of consumers.
Suraksha Gupta has been teaching Research Methods, Corporate Brand Management and International Marketing to MBA and Masters students. She has also teaches undergraduates and enjoys discussing critical social challenges and issues in management. She works with her colleagues, PhD scholars and other students to develop business models which can enable multinational companies to build their reputation by reflecting on their socially responsible marketing initiatives.
- Ramani SV, SadreGhazi S, Gupta S. Catalysing innovation for social impact: The role of social enterprises in the Indian sanitation sector. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2017, 121, 216-227.
- Foroudi P, Jin Z, Gupta S, Melewar TC, Foroudi M. Influence of innovation capability and customer experience on reputation and loyalty. Journal of Business Research 2016, 69(11), 4882-4889.
- Gupta S, Malhotra N, Czinkota M, Foroudi P. Marketing innovation: A consequence of competitiveness. Journal of Business Research 2016, 69(12), 5671–5681.
- Sinha PK, Gupta S, Rawal S. Brand adoption by BoP retailers. Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal 2017, 20(2), 181-207.
- Nguyen B, Yu X, Melewar TC, Gupta S. Critical brand innovation factors (CBIF): Understanding innovation and market performance in the Chinese high-tech service industry. Journal of Business Research 2016, 69(7), 2471-2479.
- Gupta S. Enhancing Brand Equity Through Sustainability: Waste Recycling. Thunderbird International Business Review 2016, 58(3), 213-223.
- Melewar TC, Foroudi P, Gupta S, Kitchen PJ, Foroudi M. Integrating identity, strategy and communications for trust, loyalty and commitment. European Journal of Marketing 2017, 51(3), 572-604.
- Gupta S, Malhotra NK, Czinkota M, Foroudi P. The local brand representative in reseller networks. Journal of Business Research 2016, 69(12), 5712-5723.
- Gupta S, Vaatanen J, Khaneja S. Value added reseller or value at risk: The dark side of relationships with VARs. Industrial Marketing Management 2016, 55, 110-118.
- Foroudi P, Gupta S, Sivarajah U, Broderick A. Investigating the effects of smart technology on customer dynamics and customer experience. Computers in Human Behavior 2018, 80, 271-282.
- Gupta S, Foroudi MM, Vaatanen J, Gupta S, Tiu Wright L. Nations as brands: Cinema's place in the branding role. Journal of Business Research 2018, Epub ahead of print.
- Foroudi P, Gupta S, Nazarian A, Duda M. Digital technology and marketing management capability: achieving growth in SMEs. Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal 2017, 20(2), 230-246.
- Gupta S. A review of the accidental scholar: SAGE 2014, sage response, Pro ed. 2014 (ISBN-10: 935150039X ISBN-13: 978-9351500391) by Jagish N. Sheth, and John Yow. Industrial Marketing Management 2016, 58, 190-191.
- Yu Q, Asaad Y, Yen D, Gupta S. IMO and internal branding outcomes: an employee perspective in UK HE. Studies in Higher Education 2016, 43(1), 37-56.
- Gupta S. Returns on Social Development Initiatives of MNEs: Issues and Perspectives. Qualitative Market Research: An International Journal 2016, 20, 126-146.
- Gupta S, Balmer J, Low B. Brands in, from and to emerging markets: The role of industrial relationships. Industrial Marketing Management 2015, 51, 4-10.