Dr Yang Zhao
Lecturer in Banking and Finance
- Email: email@example.com
Newcastle University Business School
5 Barrack Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dr. Yang Zhao studies the impact of corporate networks on various issues in corporate finance and corporate governance, which includes executive compensation, mergers and acquisitions, executive turnover and insider trading. His research finding suggest that director networks can create informational advantages, which improve companies' operational efficiency when information asymmetry is present. Moreover, directors can gain managerial power via director networks, which would give rise to corporate governance problems, such as entrenchment and excessive compensation.
Dr. Yang Zhao is also interested in the following areas of research:
- Corporate innovation
- Culture and corporate governance
- Executive compensation
- Director traits, experience and background
- Academic networks
ACC2007 - Corporate Finance
ACC3006 - International Financial Management
- Renneboog L, Zhao Y. Director networks and takeovers. Journal of Corporate Finance 2014, 28, 218-234.
- Renneboog L, Zhao Y. Us knows us in the UK: On director networks and CEO compensation. Journal of Corporate Finance 2011, 17(4), 1132-1157.
- Renneboog L, Zhao Y. CEO Networks and the M&A Market. In: Fetscherin,M, ed. CEO Branding: Theory and Practice. Routledge, 2015, pp.275-294.
- Renneboog L, Zhao Y. The Governance of Director Networks. In: Wright,M;Siegel,DS;Keasey,K;Filatotchev,I, ed. Handbook of Corporate Governance. Oxford University Press, 2013, pp.200-221.