Dr YiChuan Wang
Lecturer in Marketing
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44(0)203 752 2449
- Address: Newcastle University London Campus
102 Middlesex St, London E1 7EZ
Dr. Yichuan Wang is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Marketing at the Newcastle University Business School. Prior to joining Newcastle University, I acted as an instructor in business analytics at the Raymond J. Harbert College of Business, Auburn University (USA), where I was awarded the Ph.D. degree. I was the recipient of the Global Marketing Conference Best Paper Award in 2008, and the finalist for the Best Paper Award at the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) in 2014.
My research primarily focuses on the social media marketing and sharing economy in the context of B2B and B2C, and the application of big data analytics in the healthcare industry and tourism industry. I currently serve as a guest editor of special issue for the Industrial Marketing Management (ABS 3) and Information Technology & People (ABS 3).
My work has been published in the academic journals, including Information & Management (ABS 3), Journal of Business Research (ABS 3), IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management (ABS 3), Industrial Marketing Management (ABS 3), International Journal of Production Economics (ABS 3), Technological Forecasting and Social Change (ABS 3), Journal of Computer Information Systems, International Journal of Information Management, Journal of Knowledge Management, International Journal of Market Research, and IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies.
My paper "Big data analytics: Understanding its capabilities and potential benefits for healthcare organizations" is selected as one of the most downloaded articles in the Technological Forecasting and Social Change since January, 2017 (Read this article click here)
View my research on ResearchGate
Google Scholar Citation Index click here
LinkedIn: Yichuan Wang
- Social media & digital marketing (Sharing economy, social commerce, consumer behavior, and B2B social media strategy)
- Big data analytics-enabled business transformation
- Digital innovation
- IT-enabled innovation and business value, especially in the healthcare domain
- Guest editor for the special issue of Industrial Marketing Management (Impact Factor: 3.166 in 2017; ABS 3) titled " Analytics in the Era of Big Data: The Digital Transformations, Management Revolution, and Value Creation in Industrial Marketing."
- Guest editor, Special issue of Information Technology & People (Impact Factor: 1.339 in 2017; ABS 3) titled "Integral Aspect on Sharing Economy: the Interactions of People, Technologies, and Organisations."
- Guest editor, Special issue on Applications of Business Intelligence and Analytics in Social Media Marketing, International Journal of Information Management (Impact Factor in 2017: 3.872, ABS 2)
- Track Chair, 21st Americas Conference on Information System (AMCIS 2015), Puerto Rico, 2015
I am looking for outstanding prospective PhD students who would like to work in the areas of social media marketing and big data analytics. Please contact me with your resume and a research proposal at email@example.com for a discussion.
- Current doctoral students - Abraham Joseph (Newcastle University, 2016-ongoing)
Membership of Professional Affiliations
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Special Interest Group on Health of AIS (AIS SIG-Health)
- IEEE Education Society
- American Society for Engineering Management (ASEM)
-LMK1002 Introduction to Marketing (Undergraduate)
-LBS8526 Principles of Marketing (Postgraduate)
-LBS8505 Market Analysis (Postgraduate)
- Wang Y. Leveraging Big Data Analytics to Improve Quality of Care in Health Care: A fsQCA Approach. In: 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 2018, Big Island, Hawaii, US: IEEE. In Press.
- Wang Y, Kung L, Wang YCW, Cegielski CG. An integrated big data analytics-enabled transformation model: Application to health care. Information and Management 2017, e-pub ahead of print (accepted manuscript).
- Ker JI, Wang Y, Hajli N. Examining the Impact of Health Information Systems on Healthcare Service Improvement: The Case of Reducing in Patient-flow Delays in a U.S. Hospital. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2017, Epub ahead of print.
- Hajli N, Wang Y, Tajvidi M, Hajli S. People, Technologies, and Organizations Interactions in a Social Commerce Era. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management 2017, Epub ahead of print.
- Wang Y, Hajli N. Exploring the path to big data analytics success in healthcare. Journal of Business Research 2017, 70, 287-299.
- Wang Y, Byrd TA. Business Analytics-Enabled Decision Making Effectiveness through Knowledge Absorptive Capacity in Health Care. Journal of Knowledge Management 2017, 21(3), 517-539.
- Wang Y, Yu C. Social interaction-based consumer decision-making model in social commerce: The role of word of mouth and observational learning. International Journal of Information Management 2017, 37(3), 179-189.
- Wang Y, Rajan P, Sankar CS, Raju PK. Let Them Play: The Impact of Mechanics and Dynamics of a Serious Game on Student Perceptions of Learning Engagement. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies 2017, Epub ahead of print.
- Wu Y, Wang Y. Achieving Market Agility through Organizational Mindfulness towards IT Innovation and Information Processing Capacities. In: 7th International Conference on Restructuring of the Global Economy (ROGE). 2017, University of Oxford, UK: ABRM.
- Wang Y, Hsiao S, Yang Z, Hajli N. The impact of sellers' social influence on the co-creation of innovation with customers and brand awareness in online communities. Industrial Marketing Management 2016, 54, 56-70.
- Wang Y, Kung K, Byrd TA. Big data analytics: Understanding its capabilities and potential benefits for healthcare organizations. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Cheng X, Wang Y, Sankar CS. Using Serious Games in Data Communications and Networking Management Course. Journal of Computer Information Systems 2018, 58(1), 39-48.
- Kung L, Wang Y, Kung HJ. Exploring Configurations for Business Value from Event-Driven Architecture in Healthcare. In: Thirty Seventh International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS2016). 2016, Dublin, Ireland: AIS Electronic Library (AISeL).
- Lin Y, Wang Y, Kung L. Influences of cross-functional collaboration and knowledge creation on technology commercialization: Evidence from high-tech industries. Industrial Marketing Management 2015, 49, 128–138.
- Hajli N, M Shanmugam, A Hajli, A Khani, Y Wang. Health care development: integrating transaction cost theory with social support theory. Informatics for Health and Social Care 2015, 40(4), 334-344.
- Wang Y, Hajli N. Co-Creating Brand Value through Social Commerce. In: Handbook of Research on Integrating Social Media into Strategic Marketing. IGI Global, 2015, pp.17-33.
- Ker J, Wang Y, Hajli MN, Song J, Ker CW. Deploying Lean in Healthcare: Evaluating Information Technology Effectiveness in U.S. Hospital Pharmacies. International Journal of Information Management 2014, 34(4), 556-560.
- Hajli N, Lin X, Featherman M, Wang Y. Social Word Of Mouth: How Trust Develops in the Market. International Journal of Market Research 2014, 56(5), 673-689.
- Wang Yichuan, Hajli Nick. Co-Creation in Branding through Social Commerce: The Role of Social Support, Relationship Quality and Privacy Concerns. In: AMCIS 2014. 2014, Georgia, USA: AIS Library.