Dr Yousra Asaad
Lecturer in Marketing
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44(0)20 3752 2235
- Address: Newcastle University London
102 Middlesex Street
London, E1 7EZ
Dr Yousra ASAAD (BSc, MSc, PhD) is Lecturer in Marketing and the director of the BSc International Marketing & Management programme at Newcastle University London, UK. Prior to joining Newcastle in September 2016, she was Lecturer at Swansea University in Wales, UK. Yousra holds a Ph.D. in Marketing from Brunel Business School, U.K.
Her research interests are mainly in the areas of services marketing, consumer behaviour and higher education marketing. She has published in a number of national and internationally renowned journals such as the Journal of Business Research and Studies in Higher Education.
My main research interest has focused on the general area of Services Marketing. In particular my work has looked at the concepts of customer experience and emotions with particular focus on the notion of social interaction value in different service contexts such as higher education, hospitality, sports, arts, etc. My current research seeks to examine the phenomenon of a sharing service economy, its social benefits and its impact on consumers’ wellbeing.
Yousra has supervised a number of PhD students to completion in the fields of consumer behaviour and social media marketing.
Yousra is the programme director of the BSc International Marketing and Management. My research has always informed my teaching. I have taught on a range of programmes at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
I am currently involved in teaching Consumer Behaviour at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and CRM at MSc level.
Yousra has also mentored students for high profile CIM events such as the Brolio/pitch.
- Palmer A, Koenig-Lewis N, Asaad Y. Brand identification in higher education: A conditional process analysis. Journal of Business Research 2016, 69(8), 3033-3040.
- Yu Q, Asaad Y, Yen D, Gupta S. IMO and internal branding outcomes: an employee perspective in UK HE. Studies in Higher Education 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Koenig-Lewis N, Asaad Y, Palmer A, Petersone E. The effects of passage of time on alumni recall of ‘student experience’. Higher Education Quarterly 2016, 70(1), 59-80.
- Asaad Y, Melewar TC, Cohen G. Export market orientation behavior of universities: the British scenario. Journal of Marketing for Higher Education 2015, 25(1), 127-154.
- Asaad A, Melewar TC, Cohen G. Export market orientation in universities: Bridging the gap between export marketing and higher education. The Marketing Review 2014, 14(2), 145-162.
- Asaad Y, Melewar TC, Cohen G, Balmer JM. Universities and export market orientation: an exploratory study of UK post-92 universities. Marketing Intelligence and Planning 2013, 31(7), 838-856.
- Yang Y, Asaad Y, Dwivedi Y. Examining the impact of gamification on intention of engagement and brand attitude in the marketing context. Computers in Human Behavior 2017, 73, 459-469.
- Koenig-Lewis N, Asaad Y, Palmer A. Sports events and interaction among spectators: examining antecedents of spectators’ value creation. European Sport Management Quarterly 2017, Epub ahead of print.