- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0191 208 7197
- Address: School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Dave graduated with the BEng degree (first class honours) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Newcastle University in 2010. He is currently pursuing a PhD in the control of induction motors for efficient electric vehicle drivetrains.
Since September 2013, Dave has been working as a Research Associate in the Electrical Power group (formerly the Power Electronics, Drives and Machines group) at Newcastle University. His research interests are principally the control of electrical machines, particularly induction machines and switched reluctance machines, for electric vehicle applications. He takes an active role in the testing and analysis of electric machines developed in the group.
- Winterborne D, Ma M, Wu H, Pickert V, Widmer J, Barrass P, Shah L. Capacitors for high temperature DC link applications in automotive traction drives: Current technology and limitations. In: European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications (EPE). 2013, Lille: IEEE.
- Wu H, Winterborne D, Ma M, Pickert V, Widmer J. DC link capacitors for traction SRM drives in high temperature automotive environments: A review of current issues and solutions. In: Hybrid and Electric Vehicles Conference. 2013, London: IET.
- Winterborne D, Pickert V. Improving direct instantaneous torque control of switched reluctance machines with predictive flux constraints. In: 8th International Conference on Power Electronics, Machine and Drives. 2016, Glasgow, UK: Institution of Engineering and Technology.