Victor obtained MSc with distinction in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics and Teaching of Mathematics and Computer Science in 1998 from Kiev Taras Shevchenko University, and PhD in Computing Science in 2003 from Newcastle University.
In January 2005 Victor became a Lecturer in this School, and then in September 2005 he obtained a Royal Academy of Engineering / EPSRC Post-doctoral Research Fellowship and worked on the DAVAC project. After the end of this award, in September 2010, he switched back to Lectureship, and in August 2013 became a Senior Lecturer.
My research is concentrated on the theory of distributed and concurrent systems, in particular on application of formal techniques to verification and synthesis of such systems. From September, 1999, I have been working on model checking of Petri nets and synthesis of asynchronous (self-timed) circuits using Petri net unfoldings.
Currently I work on the UNderstanding COmplex system eVolution through structurEd behaviouRs (UNCOVER) project.
- 5-years research fellowship from Royal Academy of Engineering and EPSRC
- Best paper award at ACSD'04 conference, and best paper selection at DATE'03, ACSD'03, ACSD'04, ACSD'06, ACSD'07, Petri Nets'08, ACSD'09, CONCUR'12 and ACSD'13 conferences
- Invited speaker at UK Asynchronous Forum'06 and International Workshop on Petri nets and Software Engineering (PNSE'11)
- Organised Workshop on UnFOlding and partial order techniques (UFO'07), First International Workshop on BALSA Re-Synthesis (RESYN'09), and the Advanced Tutorial on Theory and Applications of Petri Net Unfoldings at Petri Nets 2012 and Petri nets 2013 conferences
- Programme Committee chair of ACSD'10 conference
I am a co-investigator on the EPSRC-funded UNderstanding COmplex system eVolution through structurEd behaviouRs (UNCOVER) project.
Currently I am a module leader for the following modules:
- CSC1025: Mathematics
- CSC8005: Software Engineering with Group Project
- CSC8099: Project and Dissertation for MSc Computer Science
My other teaching-related duties are:
- Chair of the UG Board of Examiners
- Chair of the UG Personal Extenuating Circumstance (PEC) Committee and member of the PG PEC Committee
- Degree Programme Director (DPD) for MSc Computer Science
- Admissions Officer for MSc Computer Science
- Member of the Learning and Teaching Committee (LTC)
- Member of the Assessment Irregularities (AI) Committee
- Member of the PhD Progress Committee