Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Restorative Dentistry
School of Dental Sciences
Newcastle upon Tyne
Roles and Responsibilities
- Clinical Trainer in Restorative Dentistry
- Clinical Teaching Lead in Restorative Dentistry
- Gerodontology, Course Lead
- Clinical Skills Advanced Restorations, Course Lead
- Personal and Professional Development, Course Lead
- Working as a Dental Team, Course Lead
- Patient Recruitment Working Group, Chair
- Professional Standards Advisor and Single Recognition Panel Member
- BDS with Distinction in Restorative Dentistry
- LLM Medical Law with Commendation
- PGCME with Distinction
- PGDip DPH
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, SFHEA
- Fellow of the Academy of Medical Educators, FAcadMEd
- Member of the Faculty of General Dental Practice (UK), MFGDP(UK)
- Fellow of the Faculty of Dental Trainers RCS Edinburgh, FDTFEd
- Stage 3, 4, 5 Restorative Clinics
- Key Clinical Skills
- Clinical Skills Advanced Restorations
- Human Diseases
- Clinical Introduction
- MClinDent in Restorative Dentistry
I am a member of the Dental Education Research Group (DERG) in the School and have a particular interest in the concept and assessment of professionalism, curriculum structure and design, and the role of clinical teachers.
Assessment of professionalism
Learning outcomes in dental education
Patient feedback in dental student education
- Gharib I, Rolland SL, Bateman H, Ellis JS. Just One Thing: A novel patient feedback model. British Dental Journal 2017, 222(10), 797-802.
- Bateman H, Thomason JM, McCracken G, Ellis J. Developing assessment: involving the sessional clinical teacher. British Dental Journal 2016, 220(3), 129-132.
- Bateman HL, McCracken GI, Thomason JM, Ellis JS. Learning outcomes: Exploring implications of adopting a different level of detail. European Journal of Dental Education 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Bateman H. Promoting recognition: a personal perspective. The Clinical Teacher 2016, epub ahead of print.
- Ellis JS, Bateman H, Thomason JM, Whitworth J. Concerns about raising concerns. Medical Education 2015, 49(5), 514–515.
- Bateman H, Thomason JM, Ellis J. Patient non-attendance: utilising clinical time. The Clinical Teacher 2015, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Bateman HL, Ellis JS, Thomason JM. Virtual courses: enhancing a curriculum. European Journal of Dental Education 2015, (ePub ahead of Print).