Dr Wilma Barrow
Senior Lecturer in Educational Psychology
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 8717
- Address: Room 2.65
School of Education, Communication & Language Sciences
King George VI Building
Queen Victoria Road
- Barrow W. 'I think she's learnt how to sort of let the class speak': Children's perspectives on Philosophy for Children as participatory pedagogy. Thinking Skills and Creativity 2015, 17, 76-87.
- Barrow W, Todd L. Reflections on the potential of VERP to support agency in professional reflection and development. In: Kennedy, H; Landor, M; Todd, L, ed. Video Enhanced Reflective Practice: Professional Development through Attuned Interactions. London, UK: Jessica Kingsley Publisher, 2015.
- Barrow W, Barrow R, Glockling T. Beyond procedures: a case study from educational psychology. In: Jindal-Snape, D; Hannah ESF, ed. Exploring the Dynamics of Personal, Professional and Interprofessional Ethics. Bristol: Policy Press, 2014, pp.19-34.
- Gibbs S, Barrow W, Parker R. Child Development and Attachment. In: Pattison, S; Robson, M; Beynon, A, ed. Handbook of Counselling Children and Young People. London: Sage, 2014, pp.7-18.
- Barrow W, Hannah EF. Using computer-assisted interviewing to consult with children with autism spectrum disorders: An exploratory study. School Psychology International 2012, 33(4), 450-464.
- Barrow W, Todd L. Beyond Therapy: Supporting a Culture of Relational Democracy. In: Kennedy, H., Landor, M., Todd, L, ed. Video Interaction Guidance: A Relationship-Based Intervention to Promote Attunement, Empathy and Wellbeing. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers, 2011, pp.278-289.
- Barrow W. Dialogic, participation and the potential for Philosophy for Children. Thinking Skills and Creativity 2010, 5(2), 61-69.
- Jindal-Snape D, Hannah E, Smith E, Barrow W, Kerr C. An Innovative Practitioner Research Model of Continuing Professional Development A Case Study of an Educational Psychologists' Professional Development Programme in Scotland. School Psychology International 2009, 30, 219-235.
- Topping KJ, Smith E, Barrow W, Hannah E, Kerr C. Professional educational psychology in Scotland. In: Jimerson, SR;Oakland, TD;Farrell,PT, ed. The handbook of international school psychology. Sage, 2007. In Preparation.