Dr Ben Wetenhall
- Email: email@example.com
Dr Ben Wetenhall works in the area of CO2 transportation with impurities. BW was the Principal Investigator and is a Co-Investigator on the EPSRC projects FleCCSnet and S-Cape. He is the lead author of the IEAGHG report "Impact of CO2 impurity on CO2 compression, liquefaction and transportation" and was a researcher on the MATTRAN (EPSRC) and COOLTRANS (National Grid) projects. He has conducted consultancy work for National Grid Carbon including work on ductile fracture control for CO2 pipelines with impurities.
BW's current research involves modelling wind and buoyancy driven CO2 ingress into a building following a release using computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
Wind and buoyancy ventilation, CCS pipeline transportation, hydraulic modelling, heat transfer, ductile fracture propagation, phase behaviour, CO2 compression and liquefaction, CFD.
Carbon capture and storage (CCS), carbon dioxide transportation, fracture propagation, hydraulic modelling, dispersion of CO2, buoyancy and wind driven ventilation, heat transfer, phase behaviour, CO2 compression and liquefaction.
FLECCSNET, Flexible CCS Pipeline Networks
S-CAPE, Shelter and Escape in the Event of a Release of CO2 from CCS Infrastructure.
MATTRAN project, Materials for Next Generation CO2 Transport Systems.
COOLTRANS, Dense Phase CO2 Pipeline Transportation.
IEAGHG, Impact of CO2 impurity on CO2 compression, liquefaction and transportation.
MAR8045 Fundamentals of Subsea Engineering
MAR1009 Marine Mechanics
Naval Architecture (Fluid Mechanics)
Marine Engineering II (Heat transfer and fluids)
SFY0008 IT and Communications
- Tatar R, Wetenhall B. SQCD vacua and geometrical engineering. In: 16th International Conference on Supersymmetry and the Unification of Fundamental Interactions (SUSY08). 2009, Seoul, Korea: American Institute of Physics.
- Tatar R, Wetenhall B. Metastable vacua and complex deformations. Physical Review D 2007, 76, 126011.
- Tatar R, Wetenhall B. SQCD vacua and geometrical engineering. Physical Review D 2008, 77, 046007.
- Tatar R, Wetenhall B. Metastable Vacua, Geometrical Engineering and MQCD Transitions. Journal of High Energy Physics 2007, 02, 020.
- Race JM, Wetenhall B, Seevam P, Downie MJ. Towards a CO2 Pipeline Specification: Defining Tolerance Limits for Impurities. Journal of Pipeline Engineering 2012, 11(3), 173-190.
- Wetenhall B, Race JM, Downie MJ. The Effect of CO2 Purity on the Development of Pipeline Networks for Carbon Capture and Storage Schemes. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 2014, 30, 197-211.
- Wetenhall B, Race JM, Downie MJ. The Effect of Impurities on a Simplified CCS Network. In: PSIG. 2013, Prague. In Preparation.
- Race JM, Wetenhall BW, Downie MJ. Towards a CO2 Pipeline Specification: Defining Tolerance Limits for Impurities. In: The Third International Forum on Transportation of CO2 by Pipeline. 2012, Newcastle upon Tyne. In Preparation.
- Wetenhall B, Aghajani H, Chalmers H, Benson SD, Ferrari M-C, Li J, Race JM, Singh P, Davison J. Impact of CO2 impurity on CO2 compression, liquefaction and transportation. In: 12th International Conference on Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies, GHGT-12. 2014, Austin, Texas: Elsevier.
- Wetenhall B, Race JM, Aghajani H, Sanchez-Fernandez E, Naylor M, Lucquiaud M, Chalmers H. Considerations in the Development of Flexible CCS Networks. Energy Procedia 2017, 114, 6800-6812.
- Aghajani H, Race JM, Wetenhall B, Sanchez-Fernandez E, Lucquiaud M, Chalmers H. On the Potential for Interim Storage in Dense Phase CO2 Pipelines. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 2017. In Press.
- Wetenhall B, Race JM, Aghajani H, Barnett J. The Main Factors Affecting Heat Transfer Along Dense Phase CO2 Pipelines. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 2017, 63, 86-94.
- Saad A, Aghajani H, Wetenhall B, Ahmed I. A Thermal Analysis of a CO2 Transportation Pipeline: a Design Configuration for Optimum Onshore Transportation. In: PSIG 2016. 2016, Fairmont Waterfront, Vancouver Canada. Submitted.
- Sanchez-Fernandez E, Naylor M, Lucquiaud M, Wetenhall B, Aghajani H, Race JM, Chalmers H. Impacts of geological store uncertainties on the design and operation of flexible CCS offshore pipeline infrastructure. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control 2016, 52, 139-154.