- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 7330
- Fax: +44 (0) 191 208 8180
- Address: School of Engineering
Merz Court E3.13
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU, UK
I joined the then School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Newcastle University as a Teaching Fellow in 2010. I received BEng. in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Institute of Engineering, Pulchwok Campus, Tribhuvan University, Nepal and MSc in Optoelectronics and Communication Systems from Northumbria University, Newcastle, UK. Previously, I worked as a lecturer in South Tyneside College, UK. Currently, along with my full time job, I am also undertaking Ph.D research within the school in Communications, Sensors, Signal and Information Processing Research Group.
I am a member of the school teaching initiative committee and involved in Electronic marking systems development to enhance feedback process and students engagement. I am also a member of the school engagement working group encouraging new students specially female students into engineering.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Member of the School Teaching and Learning Committee (SLTC)
- Member of the School Engagement Group
- PGR Demonstrators Selection and Management
- Electronic marking systems development to enhance feedback process and students engagement
- 2013-Current: Ph.D topic “Real time estimation and compensation of hand tremor using Quaternion Adaptive Filtering techniques”, Newcastle University, UK.
- 2008-2010: Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Huddersfield University, UK
- 2006-2007: MSc in Optoelectronics and Communication Systems, Northumbria University, UK
- 2000-2004: BEng in Electronics and Communication Systems, Institute of Engineering(IOE), Pulchowk Campus, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS)
- 2008-2010: Lecturer, South Tyneside College, South Shields, UK
- Bio-signal processing
- Mathematical modelling of nonlinear systems
- Adaptive filtering
- Quaternion Modelling
- Applications on assistive medical devices
- Stage 1 Projects
- Stage 2 Laboratory
- EEE8074-MSc Coursework
- EEE2008-Buggy Project Supervision
- Adhikari K, Tatinati S, Ang WT, Velovulu KC, Nazarpour K. A quaternion weighted Fourier linear combiner for modeling physiological tremor. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering 2016, 63(11), 2336-2346.
- Adhikari K, Tatinati S, Veluvolu KC, Nazarpour K. Improvement in modelling of physiological tremor by inclusion of grip force in quaternion weighted Fourier linear combiner. In: 2nd IET International Conference on Intelligent Signal Processing. 2015, London: IET.
- Adhikari K, Tatinati S, Veluvolu KC, Nazarpour K. Modeling 3D Tremor Signals with a Quaternion Weighted Fourier Linear Combiner. In: 7th Annual International IEEE/EMBS Conference on Neural Engineering (NER 2015). 2015, Montpellier, France: IEEE.