Dr Kayvan Pazouki
Lecturer in Marine Technology
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 5865
- Fax: 0(191)22205491
I have been at sea for almost 9 years as seagoing engineer officer.
Roles and Responsibilities
Teaching of the following subjects as a lecturer in marine institute:
Fuel technology, General engineering knowledge, Motor engineering knowledge, thermodynamics, applied mechanics.
Engine Simulator short courses.
First Class Certificate of Competency
BSC Pakistan/AmirKabir, 1988
MSC Newcastle University , 2001
PhD Newcastle University, 2012
Chief Engineer Officer
Lecturer and Senior Lecture at Marine Institute
Honours and Awards
Best Marine Lecturer of the year(Iran), 2006
Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) scholarship, 1996
Ballast Water Management Systems.
Inferential measurement and control of Ballast Water Treatment Systems.
Engine performance monitoring and exhaust emission prediction.
Design, development and optimisation of Marine Engineering systems, including Ballast water Management Systems.
Assessment of Engine Performance using additives/Catalysts in the fuel.
Assessment of Engine exhaust emission at various operation loads and conditions.
Merchant Navy Marine Chief Engineer
EU Funded Projects:
- BaWaPla:"Sustainable Ballast Water Treatment Plant"
- INTERREG:"Clean North Sea Shipping"
- EU (LIFE Programme): Clean Inland Shipping (CLINSH)
UK Government Funded Projects:
- The control of the spread of non indigenous species through ballast water.
- EPSRC: Shipping in Changing Climates
- Innovate UK: Whole vessel Energy Efficiency Management
- .Development of shipboard fuel, engine performance and exhaust monitoring system with telemetry capability.
- statistical and data mining techniques to facilitate the further development and enhancement of the company’s Enginei monitoring system.
Modelling, Optimization and Control of Marine Systems using Artificial Neural Network.
Project Manager for EU funded project (BaWaPla):"Sustainable Ballast Water Treatment Plant"
Project Manager for INTERREG project (CNSS):"Clean North Sea Shipping"
Principal Investigator for KTP Project s
Co-Investigator for EPSRC, EU (LIFE) and Innovate UK Projects
Marine Engineering I (MAR1010)
Marine Engineering Design (MAR3033) Module Leader
Dynamic Modelling and Simulation (MAR3038) Module Leader
Marine Power transmission (MAR8065)
- Pazouki K, Murphy AJ. Clean North Sea Shipping – CNSS: Emission Reduction from Ships and Harbour Vessels. In: 4th International Conference on Marine Science and Technology for Environmental Sustainability, ENSUS2011. 2011, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- Murphy AJ, Pazouki K. Exhaust Gas Emissions from Regional Shipping: Mitigating Technologies and Emission Prediction. In: International conference on The Environmentally Friendly Ship. 2012, London: The Royal Institution of Naval Architects.
- Pazouki K, Carney KJ, Delany J, Mesbahi E. Comparison of land-based test setups for a ballast water management system. Transactions of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects Part A: International Journal of Maritime Engineering 2011, 153(A3), A173-A183.
- Candries M, Atlar M, Mesbahi E, Pazouki K. The measurement of the drag characteristics of tin-free self-polishing co-polymers and fouling release coatings using a rotor apparatus. Biofouling 2003, 19(S1), 27-36.
- Hobson M, Pell E, Surgand M, Kollamthodi S, Moloney S, Mesbahi E, Wright P, Cabezas Basurko O, Pazouki K. Low Carbon Commercial Shipping. Policy, Guidance and Research, DfT: Department for Transport, 2007. Low Carbon Transport Innovation Strategy(LCTIS).
- Pazouki K, Cabezas-Basurko O, Mesbahi E, Kemp J. Ballast Water Sampling: Methods, Analysis, Representativeness and Legal issues. London: Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA), 2009. RP577.
- Emovon I, Norman RA, Murphy AJ, Pazouki K. An integrated multicriteria decision making methodology using compromise solution methods for prioritising risk of marine machinery systems. Ocean Engineering 2015, 105, 92-103.
- Trodden DG, Murphy A, Pazouki K. Evaluation of Emission Factors on the Estimation of NOx Formation from a Manoeuvring Ship. In: Shipping in Changing Climates 2015. 2015, Glasgow, UK.
- Trodden DG, Murphy AJ, Pazouki K, Sargeant J. Fuel Usage Data Analysis for Efficient Shipping Operations. Ocean Engineering 2015, 110(Part B), 75-84.
- Kesieme UK, Murphy AJ, Pazouki K. Life cycle assessment of upstream pathways towards environmentally effective biofuels for shipping. In: International Conference on Shipping in Changing Climate. 2015, Glasgow, UK.
- Trodden DG, Murphy AJ, Pazouki K. Marine Engine Simulation: A Design Tool for In-Service Operation. In: 12th International Marine Design Conference. 2015, Tokyo, Japan: The Japan Society of Naval Architects and Ocean Engineers.
- Zaman IM, Pazouki K, Coleman S, Norman RA, Younessi S. Performance Monitoring and Automatic Operating Mode Detection Based on the Statistical Analysis of Ship Data. In: International Conference on Energy Efficient Ships. 2015, Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Royal Institution of Naval Architects.
- Forbes N, Woodward M, Pazouki K, Hodgson P. Research into the humanautomation partnership, utilising maritime simulation. In: International Conference on Ship Manoeuvrability and Maritime. 2015, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- Trodden DG, Murphy AJ, Pazouki K, Woodward MD. The use of a Ship Simulator as a Tool for Exhaust Gas Emission Estimation. In: MARSIM 2015. 2015, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- Murphy AJ, Norman AJ, Pazouki K, Trodden DG. Thermodynamic simulation for the investigation of marine Diesel engines. Ocean Engineering 2015, 102, 117-128.
- Carney KJ, Basurko OC, Pazouki K, Marsham S, Delany JE, Desai DV, Anil AC, Mesbahi E. Difficulties in obtaining representative samples for compliance with the Ballast Water Management Convention. Marine Pollution Bulletin 2013, 68(1-2), 99-105.
- Murphy AJ, Landamore MJ, Pazouki K, Gibson M. Modelling Ship Emission Factors and Emission Indices. In: Low Carbon Shipping Conference. 2013, London, UK.
- Murphy AJ, Pazouki K. Exhaust emissions prediction and mitigation. Naval Architect 2012, (May), 38-44.
- Zaman I, Pazouki K, Norman R, Younessi S, Coleman S. Development of automatic mode detection system by implementing the statistical analysis of ship data to monitor the performance. International Journal of Maritime Engineering 2017, 159(Part A3), A225-A235.
- Tsougranis EL, Pazouki K, Norman RA, Almutairi A. Pressurised SOFC-GT Electric Propulsion Power Plant for LNG Vessels. In: Energy Efficient Ships. 2016, London, UK: Royal Institution of Naval Architects.
- Lim S, Carchen a, Pazouki K, Murphy AJ, Younessi S, Graham N. Systematic Rationale for assessing energy flow across the entire vessel operation. In: Energy Efficient Ships 2016. 2016, London, UK: Royal Institution of Naval Architects.
- Zaman I, Pazouki K, Norman RA, Younessi S, Coleman S. Utilising real-time ship data to save fuel consumption and reduce carbon emission. In: Shipping in Changing Climates Conference. 2016, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.