Experimental Scientific Officer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0)191 218 7079
- Fax: +44 (0)191 241 8666
- Address: Institute of Genetic Medicine
International Centre for Life
Newcastle upon Tyne
Current appointment - Experimental scientific officer - Flow Cytometry Specialist
Assisting with experimental design, providing training on instrumentation and performing cell sorts
I also provide support for complex fluorescence and mass cytometry experiments.
Previous appointment - Laboratory Technician - Cardiovascular biology group
Specialising in cellular senescence in human ascending aortic aneurysms
Qualifications- MSc Biology - Cellular and Molecular Biology - University of Glasgow
Small particle flow cytometry analysis, Remote support technology, Web design
During my time at the FCCF I have worked to optimise our various instrumentation for small particle analysis with a specific focus on waste water treatment sample analysis.
I have also worked to utilise technology to allow first person point of view trouble shooting using PivtoHead Smart wear video streaming.
I am also interested in developing the facilities presence on the web and enjoy creating and editing new content to inform and help our current user base whilst attracting new users to our service.
- Richardson GD, Meeson AP, Laval SH, Fuller A, Owens WA. mTert Expression is Increased in the mdx Model of Cardiomyopathy. In: BSCR. Novel Insights into the Pathogenesis of Cardiac Remodelling. 2012, Queens University Belfast.
- Meeson A, Fuller A, Breault D, Owens W, Richardson G. Optimised Protocols for the Identification of the Murine Cardiac Side Population. Stem Cell Reviews and Reports 2013, 9(5), 731-739.