- Environmental Regulation Research Group
- Newcastle Forum for Human Rights and Social Justice
- Gender Research Group
- International Studies in Forced Migration (HaSS)
- Law, Innovation, and Society Research Group
- Children and Young Persons Research Hub
Our work is integrated with that of Newcastle University’s interdisciplinary research institutes and centres, principally:
The work of these research groups pursues two broad research objectives:
- To contribute to and promote Newcastle University’s reputation for international excellence in interdisciplinary research;
- To maximise the quality and impact of Law School research outputs, in the widest sense by focusing our research activity to recognised areas where we have acknowledged strength and expertise in discrete areas of legal research.
In addition to their central role in promoting interdisciplinary legal research, the groups organise conferences and seminar series, as well as providing a stimulus for external research income applications.