Why study at Newcastle Law School?
Newcastle has a long tradition of excellence in the teaching and research of law. As the longest established Law School in the North East of England, graduates from the University have an excellent track record of employment within the law profession and in academia.
A law qualification from Newcastle is internationally recognised as a degree of distinction, a marker of quality and a strong foundation for a future in the legal profession.
We have been consistently praised by external audits for the quality of our teaching programmes, please see our Quality Assessments for both Taught and Research.
Teaching is research-led providing students with a stimulating learning environment on contemporary legal issues taught by experts in their respective fields. You can find more detailed information on staff publications, activities and esteem indicators on our staff page.
At Newcastle you will find that we:
- Provide a friendly and supportive environment
- Pursue academic excellence
- Place a strong emphasis on personal development
- Offer opportunities and support to our postgraduates
- Score some of the highest satisfaction rates in the UK according to the National Student Satisfaction Survey
- Provide teaching delivered by internationally renowned experts
- Meet student expectations – high postgraduate and undergraduate satisfaction
- Offer excellent facilities