Senior Clinical Tutor/ Deputy Programme Director
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 7925
- Address: School of Psychology
4th Floor, Ridley Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
BackgroundSince qualifying as a Clinical Psychologist in 1992 from the University of Leeds, I have worked in Adult Mental Health across primary, secondary and tertiary services. I completed the Postgraduate Diploma in CBT at the Newcastle CBT centre in 2004, and I am an accredited CBT practitioner. I moved to Newcastle in 2008 to work on the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, and also helped to establish the Low Intensity IAPT Postgraduate Certificate at Newcastle University. Currently I am a Co-senior Academic Tutor and Clinical Tutor for the Doctorate.
My main interests are around CBT for depression and anxiety. I have helped to supervise two large scales research projects in these areas.
My main areas of interest are Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for GAD, panic disorder and depression.
- Papworth M, Marrinan T, Martin B, Keegan D, Chaddock A. Low Intensity Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy: A Practitioner's Guide. Sage. SAGE, 2013.
- Marrinan T, Milne D. Learning to supervise whilst a supervisee. Clinical Psychology Forum 2011, 222, 20-25.
- Milne D, Marrinan T, Ormrod J. Supervision of older adult placements in one region: Perspectives of three clinical tutors. PSIGE newsletter 2010, (112).
- Bentall R, Wood G, Marrinan T, Deans C, Edwards R. A brief mental fatigue questionnaire. British Journal of Clinical Psychology 1993, 32.