- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 8068
- Personal Website: http://www.katiecuddon.com
Katie studied at Glasgow School of Art and The Royal College of Art, London and was the Sainsbury Scholar in Sculpture and Drawing at The British School at Rome 2008-2009
Before joining Newcastle Fine Art as a lecturer she was the Lipman Artist in Residence 2007- 2008.
She has also taught as a visiting artist at Camberwell College of Art, London; Chelsea College of Art, London; University of Chichester, University of Lincoln, Plymouth University; Bergen Academy of Art and Design, Norway; Xiamen University, China.
Roles and Responsibilities
Senior Lecturer in Fine Art
Stage 3 Coordinator
Chair of Fine Art TLC
International Exchange Coordinator for Fine Art
SACS International Exchange Representative
Member of BA & MFA Boards of Studies and Exam Boards, Staff Student Committee, Fine Art Teaching & Learning Committee, HASS Year Abroad Co-ordinators Standing Committee
Solo ExhibitionsJune 2014 Pontoon Lip, Cell Project Space, London. In collaboration with Celia Hempton
Nov-Dec 2011 Waiting For The Cue, Simon Oldfield Gallery, London
July/August 2011 Spanish Lobe, Camden Arts Centre, London
Feb/March 2010 “I no longer know what the money is”. Alma Enterprises, London
June 2008 Overshoot and Collapse, Globe Gallery, Newcastle upon Tyne
2017 BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art/Bothy Project Artist in Residence
2011 Artist in Residence, Scottish Sculpture Workshop, Lumsden, Aberdeenshire
2010 – 2011 Inaugural Ceramics Fellow. Camden Arts Centre, London
2008 - 2009 Sainsbury Scholar in Sculpture and Drawing. The British School at Rome, Italy
2007 – 2008 Norma Lipman Research Fellow, Newcastle University
2006 Concrete Association Sculpture Prize
2005 Jerwood Drawing Prize
2005 Mann Group Drawing Prize.
2002 RIAS Millennium Award
2002 Deutsche Bank Pyramid Award
Teaches into all studio modules of the B.A. Fine Art studio programme.
Teaches into the Master of Fine Art programme.
Supervises practice-led PhD's
- Cuddon K, Hart E, Pope N. Sticky Intimacy. 2016. Cardiff, UK: Chapter Gallery, 16.
- Cuddon K, Hempton C. Pontoon Lip. 2014. London, UK: Cell Projects, 6.
- Cuddon K. Set Abreast. 2015. Sabanci University, Turkey: FASS Gallery, Installation.
- Caramazza F, Cuddon K. Contemporary Istanbul with L'etrangere, London. 2015. Istanbul, Turkey: Istanbul Congress Center (ICC), 3. In Preparation.
- Cuddon K. Wrexham Town Council and Oriel Wrexham Wal Pawb Public Art Commission. 2017. Wrexham, Wales: Oriel Wrexham, Wrexham People's Market, 6. In Preparation.