Dr Claire Lomax
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 6265
- Address: School of Psychology,
Newcastle upon Tyne
I joined the team at Newcastle from the DClinPsy at Bath, where I worked as research tutor for 3 years. I trained at the Institute of Psychiatry and qualified in 2005, before this I undertook a PhD looking at the impact of neurodegenerative disease on patients and their caregivers. I have worked with adults and children with anxiety disorders, with my main areas of experience being with OCD and BDD. I took up the post of Programme Director in October 2016. I work clinically at the NTW Centre for Specialist Psychological Therapies - Regional Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Service for one day a week.
Areas of expertise
- Assessment and treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Assessment and treatment of Hoarding Disorder
TeachingI teach on the programme on a range of areas, including anxiety disorders and specialist mental health problems such as Hoarding Disorder. I also contribute to the research module and clinical skills module.
- Morris L, Lomax C. Assessment, development, and treatment of childhood perfectionism: a systematic review. Child and Adolescent Mental Health 2014, 19(4), 225-234.
- Naguib JM, Kulinskaya E, Lomax CL, Garralda E. Neuro-cognitive Performance in Children with Type 1 Diabetes—A Meta-analysis. Journal of Paediatric Psychology 2009, 34(3), 271-282.
- Cowdrey F, Lomax C, Gregory J, Barnard P. Could a unified theory of cognition and emotion further the transdiagnostic perspective? A critical analysis using Interacting Cognitive Subsystems as a case example. Journal of Experimental Psychopathology 2015. In Press.
- Lomax CL, Lam DH. Investigation into activation of dysfunctional schemas in euthymic bipolar disorder following positive mood induction. British Journal of Clinical Psychology 2011, 50(2), 115-126.
- Lomax C, Oldfield V, Salkovskis P. Clinical and treatment comparisons between adults with early- and late-onset Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Behavior Research and Therapy 2009, 47(2), 99-104.
- Lomax CL, Lam DJ. Cognitive processing in bipolar disorder conceptualized using the Interacting Cognitive Subsystems (ICS) model. Psychological Medicine 2009, 39(5), 773-783.
- Lomax C, Brown RG, Chaudhuri KR, Howard RJ. Neurobehavioural and neuropsychiatric symptoms in patients with neurodegenerative disease. Brain Impairment 2005, 6(3), 181-190.
- Lomax C, Brown RG, Howard RJ. Measuring disability in patients with neurodegenerative disease using the 'Yesterday Interview'. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2004, 19, 1058-1064.
- Pal S, Lomax C, Pezzella FR, Forbes A, Chaudhuri KR. The relationship of Parkinsonian nocturnal disability and excessive daytime sleepiness in Parkinson's disease. Parkinsonism & related disorders 2001, 7, S50.
- Pepperdine E, Lomax C, Freeston M. Disentangling Intolerance of Uncertainty and Threat Appraisal in Everyday Situations. Journal of Anxiety Disorders 2018, Epub ahead of print.
- Chandler R, Butler C, Lomax C, Newman A. Burnout in Clinicians Working with Offenders with Personality Disorder. Journal of Forensic Practice 2016, 19(2), 139-150.