Dr Efstathia Tzemou
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0191 208 7119
- Address: School of Psychology
Ridley Building 1
Queen Victoria Road
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU
Dr Tzemou joined the School of Psychology in 2011 as a Teaching Fellow in Psychology having previously held positions at Webster University Vienna (Austria), Nottingham Trent University (UK) and the University of Birmingham (UK).
Current Roles and Responsibilities
- School of Psychology's Attendance Officer
- Stage 2 Director of the BSc Psychology, BSs Psychology & Mathematics, BSc Psychology & Biology and BSc Psychology & Nutrition
- Tutor for Women
- Running of the School of Psychology's Feedback Clinic
- Course Leader for 'Interpersonal and Communication Skills for Dentists' at the School of Dental Sciences
- BA in Psychology, American College of Greece, Deree College, (Greece)
- PGCert in Councelling Practice, University of Derby (UK)
- MA in Councelling Studies, University of Nottingham (UK)
- PhD in Psychology, University of Birmingham (UK)
- Teaching Excellence Award, University of Newcastle, 2016
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Webster University Vienna, 2005-2011
- Lecturer in Psychology, Nottingham Trent University, 2002-2004
- Research Officer, School of Primary Care, University of Birmingham, 2003-2004
- Psychopathology in Higher Education
- Higher Education Pedagogy
- Bipolar Disorder
Scopus Author ID: 1527336507112
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0833-7567
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=8fvMdKsAAAAJ&hl=en
- PSY2009 Research Methods in Psychology 2a
- PSY2011 Research Methods in Psychology 2b
- Interpersonal and Communications Skills for Dentists
- Supervision of Empirical Projects
- Supervision of MSc Clinical and Health Psychology Dissertations
- Fielden A, Tzemou E, Rosenkranz P. Integrating Qualitative Research Methods into a Positivist Psychology Programme. In: International Convention of Psychological Science. 2015, Amsterdam, Netherlands: Association for Psychological Sceince.
- Rosenkranz P, Fielden A, Tzemou E. Teaching psychological research methods through a pragmatic and programmatic approach. In: 5th Vancouver International Conference on the Teaching of Psychology. 2015, Vancouver, Canada.
- Rosenkranz P, Fielden A, Tzemou E. Teaching psychological research methods through a pragmatic and programmatic approach. Psychology Teaching Review 2014, 20(2), 28-35.
- Frost NA, Eathough V, Shaw R, Weille KL, Tzemou E, Baraitser L. Pleasure, pain, and procrastination: Reflections on the experience of doing memory-work research. Qualitative Research in Psychology 2012, 9(3), 231-248.
- Tzemou E, Birchwood M. A prospective study of dysfunctional thinking and the regulation of negative intrusive memories in bipolar 1 disorder: implications for affect regulation. Psychological Medicine 2007, 37(5), 689-698.
- Birchwood M, Bryan D, Jones-Morris MN, Kaambwa MB, Lester H, Richards J, Rogers H, Sirvastava N, Tzemou E. EDEN: Evaluating the Development and Impact of Early Intervention Services (EISs) in the West Midlands. 2007. A Report for the NHS Service Delivery and Organisation National R & D Programme.
- Frost N, Eatough V, Shaw RL, Weille KL, Tzemou E, Baraitser L. Losing faith? Reflecting on the experience of doing memory-work research. 2006.