A fully automated widefield system for fluorescence and brightfield imaging.
The DM6 has a full range of objectives (10- 100x), monochrome and colour cameras and filtersets to enable fluorescence imaging of up to 4 distinct channels from UV to far red excitation.
Stage and z are also motorised, allowing mutlichannel z stacks in multiple positions or tilescans.
The system can be operated using one of two software packages; Leica LAX, MBF StereoInvestigator.
Here you can find the specifications for this microscope.
- wide field fluorecuorescence
- brightfield, with multi-point x,y (2D) with tiling
- volume x,y,z (3D)
- phase contrast
This microscope is located in the Central Unit, on campus.
The Central Unit is based in the William Leech Building, room M2.154
William Leech Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
Here, you can get directions to the building.
Enter your postcode or address to find directions
Find out how to book this microscope.
The minimum booking time for this system is 30 minutes. Time increments of 15 minutes are permitted.
Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to one hour before scheduled use.
Before booking this equipment, please ensure the following:
- any users are fully trained, and approved by a member of BioImaging facility staff
- microscopes are left in a good state of tidiness (lenses/stage should be cleaned of any oil)
- filters and lenses must not be removed or switched between systems without authorisation from Bioimaging facility staff
If you work at Newcastle University, you can book this microscope online by using iLab.
If you're a commercial company or an academic at another institution, just contact us to discuss your requirements.