The Zeiss AxioVert 2 offers two modes of observation, Brightfield transmitted light (phase and DIC) and Widefield fluorescence.
The Zeiss AxioVert 2 system utilises a monochrome imaging camera.
A range of fluorescent filters are available which cover the commonly used dyes:
The illumination source is a wide spectrum alignment free LED (colibri) system.
The microscope has as an autofocus system and a precision motorised stage which enables users to automatically acquire tiled images from large specimens (or from an entire slide) and stitch them together post capture.
Here you can find the specifications for this microscope.
- EC Plan Neofluar 2.5x/0.075
- EC Plan Neofluar 5x/0.15 Ph1
- EC Plan Neofluar 10x/0.3 Ph1
- EC Plan Neofluar 20x/0.5 Ph2
- EC Plan Neofluar 40x/1.3 Ph2 (oil)
- EC Plan Apochromat 63x/1.4 Ph3 (oil)
- DAPI (FS 49)
- GFP (FS 38HE)
- YFP (FS 46HE)
- Rhodamine (FS 20HE)
- Texas Red (FS 00)
- Cy5 (FS 50)
- wide field fluorecuorescence
- Zeiss Zen blue
This microscope is located in the Institute for Genetic Medicine.
BioImaging Unit (IGM) East Wing, third floor, International Centre for Life room G322.
Institute of Genetic Medicine
International Centre for Life
Newcastle upon Tyne
Here, you can get directions to the building.
Find out how to book this microscope.
The minimal booking time for this equipment is 15 minutes. Time increments of 15 minutes are permitted.
Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to an hour before scheduled use.
Before booking this equipment, please ensure the following:
- any users are fully trained, and approved by a member of BioImaging facility staff
- microscopes are left in a good state of tidiness (lenses/stage should be cleaned of any oil)
- filters and lenses must not be removed or switched between systems without authorisation from Bioimaging facility staff
If you work at Newcastle University, you can book this microscope online by using iLab.
If you're a commercial company or an academic at another institution, just contact us to discuss your requirements.