CURDS research is disseminated in a variety of ways, including media which reach academics, policy-makers and a more general audience.
CURDS staff also contribute to the editorship of a wide range of international flagship journals and policy related publications.
The University Library has set up an institutional repository at http://eprints.ncl.ac.uk/. This is an online database of full-text publications written by staff at Newcastle University, freely available to anyone with Internet access and updated regularly.
Publications list by year
Year: 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1979 1978 1976
- Burrows R. "Studying Up” in the Era of Big Data.
In: McKie, L; Ryan, L, ed. An End to the Crisis of Empirical Sociology?: Trends and Challenges in Social Research. London, UK: Routledge, 2016, pp.65-80.
- Pike A, Coombes M, O'Brien P, Tomaney J. Austerity states, institutional dismantling and the governance of sub-national economic development: the demise of the Regional Development Agencies in England.
Territory, Politics, Governance 2016. Submitted.
- Atkinson R, Burrows R, Rhodes D. Capital City? London’s Housing Market and the ‘Super Rich’.
In: Hay,I; Beaverstock,J, ed. International Handbook of Wealth and the Super Rich. London: Edward Elgar, 2016, pp.225-243.
- Pike A, MacKinnon D, Cumbers A, Dawley S, McMaster R. Doing evolution in economic geography.
Economic Geography 2016, (ePub ahead of print).
- Atkinson R, Burrows R, Glucksberg L, Ho HK, Knowles C, Rhodes D, Webber R. International Capital Flows into London Property.
Sheffield: SPERI, 2016. Available at: http://speri.dept.shef.ac.uk/2016/02/01/international-flows-of-capital-into-london-property-new-speri-global-political-economy-brief/.
- Atkinson R, Burrows R, Glucksberg L, Kei-Ho H, Knowles C, Rhodes D. Minimum City? A Critical Assessment of Some of the Deeper Impacts of Super Rich on Urban Life.
In: R. Forrest, B. Wissink, and S. Yee Koh, ed. Cities and the Super-Rich: Real Estate, Elite Practices, and Urban Political Economies. London: Palgrave, 2016. In Press.
- O'Brien P, Dawson R, Pike P, Purnell P, Tomaney J. National Infrastructure Commission call for evidence: ‘Connecting northern cities’, evidence submitted by the iBUILD Infrastructure Research Centre.
- O'Brien P, Dawson R, Pike A, Tomaney J. National Infrastructure Commission call for evidence: ‘London’s transport infrastructure’, evidence submitted by the iBUILD Infrastructure Research Centre.
- Knowles C, Burrows R. Re-imagining Chinese London.
In: R. Burdett and S. Hall, ed. The SAGE Handbook of Urban Sociology. London: Sage, 2016. In Press.
- Smith H, Hardey M, Hardey M, Burrows R. Social Cartography and Knowing Capitalism: Critical Reflections on the Geo-Spatial Web and Social Research.
In: N. Fielding, R.M. Lee and G. Blank, ed. The Sage Handbook of Online Research Methods (2nd ed). London: Sage, 2016. In Press.
- Martin R, Pike A, Tyler P, Gardiner B. Spatially Rebalancing the UK Economy: Towards a New Policy Model?.
Regional Studies 2016, 50(2), 342-357.
- Whitehurst F, Kempton L. The Social Responsibility of Business Schools.
British Journal of Educational Studies 2016. In Preparation.