CURDS research is disseminated in a variety of ways, including media which reach academics, policy-makers and a more general audience.
CURDS staff also contribute to the editorship of a wide range of international flagship journals and policy related publications.
The University Library has set up an institutional repository at http://eprints.ncl.ac.uk/. This is an online database of full-text publications written by staff at Newcastle University, freely available to anyone with Internet access and updated regularly.
Publications list by year
Year: 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1979 1978 1976
- Jones C, Coombes M. An assessment of tenure-specific Housing Market Areas for housing planning.
Housing Studies 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Dawley S, Marshall JN, Pike A, Pollard J, Tomaney J. Continuity and Evolution in an Old Industrial Region: The Labour Market Dynamics of the Rise and Fall of Northern Rock.
Regional Studies 2013, n/a, n/a.
- Dawley S. Creating New Paths? Offshore Wind, Policy Activism, and Peripheral Region Development.
Economic Geography 2013, n/a, n/a.
- Pike A. Economic Geographies of Brands and Branding.
Economic Geography 2013, 89(4), 317-339.
- Coombes M. From City-region Concept to Boundaries for Governance: The English Case.
Urban Studies 2013, n/a, n/a.
- MacKinnon D, Derickson KD. From resilience to resourcefulness: A critique of resilience policy and activism.
Progress in Human Geography 2013, 37(2), 253-270.
- Wang XF. From Urbanisation to Sustainably Regional Development in China [in Chinese].
Beijing: Economic Science Press, 2013. In Press.
- Pollard JS. Gendering capital: Financial crisis, financialization and (an agenda for) economic geography.
Progress in Human Geography 2013, 37(3), 403-423.
- Pollard JS, Samers M. Governing Islamic Finance: Territory, Agency, and the Making of Cosmopolitan Financial Geographies.
Annals of the Association of American Geographers 2013, 103(3), 710-726.
- Champion T, Townsend A. Great Britain’s second-order city regions in recessions.
Environment and Planning A 2013, 45(2), 362-382.
- Dawley S, Marshall JN, Pike A, Pollard J, Tomaney J. Labour market impact of Northern Rock.
Regional Studies 2013. In Press.
- Pike P, Marlow D, McCarthy A, O'Brien P, Tomaney J. Local Institutions and Local Economic Growth: The State of the Local Enterprise Partnerships in England - SERC Discussion Paper.
- Goddard J, Kempton L, Vallance P. The civic university: connecting the global and the local.
In: Roberta Capello, Agnieszka Olechnicka, Grzegorz Gorzelak, ed. Universities, Cities and Regions: Loci for Knowledge and Innovation Creation. Abingdon: Routledge, 2013, pp.43-63.
- Marlow D, McCarthy A, O'Brien P, Pike A, Tomaney J. The State of the LEPs: A National Survey.
Where Next for Local Enterprise Partnerships? 2013.
- Goddard J, Vallance P. The University and the City.
Abingdon: Routledge, 2013.
- Goddard J, Kempton L, Vallance P. Universities and Smart Specialisation: challenges, tensions and opportunities for the innovation strategies of European regions.
Ekonomiaz: revista vasca de economia 2013, (83), 83-102.