Dr Theresa Muñoz
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PhD Scottish LIterature, University of Glasgow
MLitt Creative Writing, University of Glasgow
B.F.A. Creative Writing, University of British Columbia
I am a Research Associate at the Newcastle Centre for the Literary Arts. As Overseas Research Scholar and Faculty of Arts Award holder at the University of Glasgow, I completed my PhD dissertation "Alienation in the Work of Tom Leonard'. I am currently working on the Scotnotes volume of The Poetry of Tom Leonard for the Association of Scottish Literary Studies. I have published one book of poems Settle (Vagabond Voices, 2016) which shortlisted for the Melita Hume Poetry Prize. My poetry has been awarded a British Columbia Arts Council Award, the Norman Rothstein Award for Poetry, and a Crichton Foundation Award. My poetry has been broadcast on BBC Scotland and has been published widely in Canada and the United Kingdom, including in Canadian Literature, Poetry Review and Best Scottish Poems. I am also a literary critic for Scotland's The Herald newspaper and the Scottish Review of Books.
ResearchScottish Literature; Psychoanalytic theory; Digital Literature; Minority Women's Writing.
- Muñoz T. The Poetry of Tom Leonard. Glasgow: Association of Scottish Literary Studies, 2018. In Preparation.
- Muñoz T. Poetic Forms & Existentialism in Tom Leonard's access to the silence: poems and posters 1984-2004. Journal of British and Irish Innovative Poetry 2017, 9(1), 5-10.
- Muñoz T. Settle. Glasgow: Vagabond Voices, 2016.
- Muñoz T. Becoming a Scot. Scottish Review of Books 2014, 10(2), p. 4-5.
- Muñoz T. Close. Glenrothes, Fife: Happenstance Press, 2012.
- Muñoz T. New Poetries. Scottish Review of Books 2011, 6(4), p.10-11.
- Muñoz T. Four Poems. Abridged: Babel issue 2017. 49.
- Muñoz T. Jackie Kay's Quest For Her Roots. Scottish Review of Books 2012, 6(3), 12-13.