Our equipment allows high resolution and high magnification imaging from a range of specimens.
We work with students and researchers at Newcastle University and with individuals and organisations from across the UK. Images collected in our labs have contributed to numerous projects and have been cited in hundreds of publications.
Our primary services are:
Other equipment includes:
- four ultramicrotomes
- light microscope with digital imaging software for quantitative analysis
- Quorum carbon/chromium coater
- Leica staining machine
- Baltec Critical Point Dryer
- Polaron Gold Coater
- 3D printer
- Printing models from 3-view data for public engagement is free of charge
- Printed components have a general fee of £15 per print (not per object)
- We do not do component design or CAD. We can advise on whether a component will print but all design must be done by you