Skip to main content

Leaving the University

Guidance on how to leave your role as a student worker and what to do when leaving the University.

How do I request my P45 from the University?

If you have completed all work with the University you can request your P45 by completing the leavers form. Once you have completed this form you will be removed from the SEOC apps and will no longer be able to carry out further work on campus.

If you have started a new job but also wish to continue working on campus, then you cannot request your P45. You will need to inform your new employer that you cannot provide your P45 as you will be continuing to work at the University.

Employment reference

f you require an employment reference for work completed as a student worker you should contact the team or department that you worked for to ask if they will be willing to provide a reference for you. If you are unable to contact them then please email for advice.

Student work after graduation

The duration you can continue working on campus as a student worker depends on your degree programme. For information see the working hours and eligibility page.

Graduate roles

Newcastle University employ over 6500 colleagues, in a variety of Academic, Clinical and Professional Services roles.  We do not offer graduate placements but instead encourage graduates to apply for opportunities available at Newcastle University.

You can vacancies on the University's main vacancies portal.

You can set up a profile on this website to receive email notifications about opportunities in your chosen area of work.

For advice and guidance about your career, including advice about applying to work at Newcastle University visit the Careers Service website.