Our work helps improve educational outcomes through better understanding of learning and teaching.
Our high profile projects span several key themes in learning and teaching. We engage heavily in both funded research and consultancy/third strand projects.
Our recent high profile projects relate to the following themes:
- Thinking Skills
- Learning To Learn
- Offender Education and Rehabilitation
- Extended Schools and Community-based Programmes
- School Building Design
CfLaT conduct work on several key themes, which cut across these areas and our projects:
- visual methodologies
- innovative pedagogies
- professional learning
- learning communities
Research Excellence Framework 2014Research Excellence Framework 2014
The Research Excellence Framework (REF) is conducted jointly by:
- Higher Education Funding Council for England
- Scottish Funding Council
- Higher Education Funding Council for Wales
- Department for Employment and Learning, Northern Ireland
For REF 2014, the we submitted to Unit of Assessment 25.