The largest of the three faculties at Newcastle University.
We are an exciting, multi-disciplinary faculty within Newcastle University. The Faculty comprises:
- School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape
- School of Arts and Cultures
- Newcastle University Business School
- School of Education, Communication and Language Sciences
- School of English Literature, Language and Linguistics
- School of Geography, Politics and Sociology
- School of History, Classics and Archaeology
- School of Modern Languages
- Newcastle Law School
- Culture Lab
- Combined Honours Centre
- Language Resource Centre
- Philosophical Studies
We also work closely with the INTO Newcastle University Centre.
Our innovative, often multi-disciplinary, research is supported through the activities of our research institutes:
- Newcastle University Humanities Research Institute (NUHRI)
- Newcastle University Institute for Creative Arts Practice (NICAP)
- Newcastle University Institute for Social Renewal (NISR)
We also have a number of research centres and research groups.
Our research helps address some of the key global issues facing society through our overarching theme of social renewal.