Our single site, city-centre campus is a beautiful place to learn and socialise, just minutes away from the heart of the action in the city.
Our campus is beautiful, with green spaces and a blend of old and modern architecture.
It is perfectly situated less than two minutes' walk away from the hustle and bustle of the main city centre shopping area.
Why not come for a visit and see for yourself?
Our International team will help you make the most of your visit, which can include:
- an introductory meeting with the International Recruitment team
- a tour of campus
- a tour of our superb facilities
- a meeting with a relevant academic staff member
Complete our online form to request a tour.
We understand that you may have a long way to travel. Try to let us know of your visit at least two weeks before you arrive. This helps us to arrange the best activities for you.
You can also explore our campus and the city of Newcastle by watching one of our virtual tours.
Newcastle is a small city with a big personality.
Fun, friendly and affordable, Newcastle has gained a well-deserved reputation as one of the UK's favourite student cities. It's the cosmopolitan capital of the North East and has the University at the heart of the city.
One in six people in Newcastle is a student, helping create the city's vibrant social scene.
International students living in Newcastle enjoy the mix of:
- city life - shops, theatres, cafés, and restaurants a few minutes' walk from the campus
- being near the beach - just 25 minutes away by Metro
- stunning countryside - wonderful countryside and various World Heritage sites are all on your doorstep
Find out more by watching some of the videos on our website.
Arriving in Newcastle
Starting university is an exciting time, especially if you're from a different country. We will give you help and advice so that your journey here is as simple as possible.
International Welcome Week
International Welcome Week
We will send you your pre-arrival information once you have a place at Newcastle. This includes a link to our pre-departure guide.
You will also receive an invitation to our International Welcome in late September.
We also have special events and services for international students. This is to make sure that you settle into life in Newcastle, including:
- information sessions about being a new student at Newcastle
- social activities to help you make new friends
- Our Meet and Greet Service from Newcastle International Airport
You'll find more information about preparing to come to Newcastle and our welcome service on the pre-arrival website.
We can guarantee accommodation to all international students for one year subject to certain conditions.
Find out about our secure and reasonably priced accommodation.