The M205 is a fluorescence capable stereo microscope with automated zoom and filter wheel.
It is equipped with several illumination options:
- base light for transmission
- ringlight (on 1x objective)
- fixed angle spotlights
- gooseneck lamp
Here you can find the specifications for this microscope.
Wide field fluorescence, brightfield, with volume x,y,z (3D), option of transmitted light (from base) and ring light (only for 1x objective) or spotlights (fixed or gooseneck type)
The M205 is equipped with a colour camera (Leica DFC310FX) running from LAS or LAS-AF software for multichannel imaging.
0.5, 1 and 2x, capable of zooming from ~3x to 320x
This equipment is located in the Campus for Ageing and Vitality.
It is in the Biogerontology Building, room F19.
Campus for Ageing and Vitality
Newcastle upon Tyne
Here, you can get directions to the building.
Enter your postcode or address to find directions
Find out how to book this microscope.
The minimum booking time for this system is 30 minutes. Time increments of 15 minutes are permitted.
Before booking this equipment, please ensure the following:
- any users are fully trained, and approved by a member of BioImaging facility staff
- microscopes are left in a good state of tidiness (lenses/stage should be cleaned of any oil)
- filters and lenses must not be removed or switched between systems without authorisation from Bioimaging facility staff
If you work at Newcastle University, you can book this microscope online by using iLab.
If you're a commercial company or an academic at another institution, just contact us to discuss your requirements.