The Nikon A1+ is a point scanning confocal microscope based around a fully motorized, upright Nikon Ni body.
The system has been configured for multi-well plate-based screening applications but can be used to view slides with the appropriate stage insert.
The system is run through Nikon’s versatile Elements-JOBS software package and incorporates wizards to allow the automated capture and analysis of both fluorescence and colour images.
The PC attached can be used to analyse BioStation data and set up JOBS configurations.
Here you can find the specifications for this microscope.
- multi point x,y (2D) with tiling
- volume x,y,z (3D)
- time lapse x,y,z,t (4D)
- Nikon DS-Qi1MC (monochrome, 1280 x 1024)
- DS-Fi1 (colour, 2560 x 1920)
This microscope is located in the Central Unit, on campus.
The Central Unit is based in the William Leech Building room M2.141.
William Leech Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
Here, you can get directions to the building.
Enter your postcode or address to find directions
Find out how to book this microscope.
The minimal booking time for this equipment is 30 minutes. Time increments of 15 minutes are permitted.
Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to an hour before scheduled use.
Before booking this equipment, please ensure the following:
- any users are fully trained, and approved by a member of BioImaging facility staff
- microscopes are left in a good state of tidiness (lenses/stage should be cleaned of any oil)
- filters and lenses must not be removed or switched between systems without authorisation from Bioimaging facility staff
If you work at Newcastle University, you can book this microscope online by using iLab.
If you're a commercial company or an academic at another institution, just contact us to discuss your requirements.