- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 191 208 3604
I received my MComp (Hons) Computer Science with Security and Resilience from Newcastle University in 2013. I joined the school in 2014 as a Transition Officer supporting stage one students with the transition into university life. In 2017, I was promoted to Teaching Fellow and became the current SAT Chair for the Schools Athena SWAN. I am also studying a part time PhD in the Teaching Innovation Group and being supervised by Dr Marie Devlin.
I am the Stage 3 co-ordinator.
I teach on the following modules in the academic year:
- CSC1023 - The Software Engineering Professional
- CSC3422 - Website Construction and Management (Server-side)
- CSC6001 - Computer Applications
I also supervise undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations in the following themes:
- Equality and Diversity in Computing
- Computing Education
- Web Technologies
My research area is computing education, with a particular focus on equality and diversity.
- Marshall L, Heels L, Riddle S. Developing assessment literacy in Stage One BsC Computing Students. In: HEA Transforming Assessment in Higher Education Symposium: Assessment literacy. 2017, HEA, York, UK: HEA.