Results & Documents

Results, Documents and Verifications

How to view your exam results and where to find official documents.

Exam Results

Exam Results

Results will released by your School Office after the board of examiners have met. Your transcript of results can then be accessed in the 'Documents' tab of S3P.

You should contact your School Office for further details.

Documents (Current Students)

If you are a current Newcastle University student you can download a number of different documents to verify your studies. All of these documents are free of charge. Click on the below sections for further information.

Documents (Former Students)

If you are a former Newcastle University student you can order documents using the links below. For all documents we will require proof of identity (e.g. a scan of your passport or driving licence).

Graduated from 2018 onwards:


Graduated before 2018:


Third Party Verifications

We can provide verification (proof) of award to third parties including commercial organisations, agencies, government bodies and other higher education institutions.

Character References

Character reference requests should be directed to individual schools/personal tutors - these can't be produced by Student and Academic Services.

Legalisation of Documents

How to have documentation certified or legalised for use overseas:


If you need to have your degree certificate notarised you will need to contact a notary public or solicitor:

Solicitors in England and Wales
Notaries Public in England and Wales

Legalisation of documents and Apostille

If you are going to use British documents overseas, for business or personal reasons, you may be asked to have your documents legalised before they can be accepted. Legalisation is carried out by the Legalisation Office of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Newcastle University does not provide this service.

Please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website for more information.