Employability Week is our annual programme of events that exists to advise you on all aspects of your future career plans.
Each day will host speakers from a variety of Regional, National and International businesses and have been developed with you in mind. Externals will be coming in from the likes of KPMG, Deloitte, P&G, EY and some of our very own Alumni.
Employability Week will deliver tailored sessions to suit where you are in your career path, each day will focus on a different stage across both Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes. Employability week supports the global attributes we want you to possess upon entering the graduate employment market.
This week will be host to many exciting and innovative opportunities that we encourage you to take advantage of, such as:
- Panel session exploring new trends in recruitment followed by a Q&A from students to explore what recruiters now look for.
- Employer panel session on ‘Making Your Masters count’ - Postgraduate
- Undertake recruitment selection activities (assessment centres and interviews)
- Social Media experts helping you maximise your LinkedIn profile
- Understanding the importance of your online presence – and your social media’s role in employer decision-making.
- Sessions throughout, including career speed dating, building business confidence and problem solving as well as interview practice and much more.
- give you an insight into your possible career options
- develop your skills
- enhance your employability
All sessions are held at Newcastle University Business School from Monday 29 October – Friday 02 November 2018.
With Byker Community Trust, Mayborn, and NUSU.
Date/Time: Tuesday 30 October, 15:00 - 16:00
Venue: Room 2.04