Dr Janette Young
Lecturer in Enterprise and Innovation
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: The Business School
5 Barrack Road
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tel: +44(0)191208 82310
I have a background in University higher education including managing postgraduate programmes (DPD); leading and designing masters programmes and designing and delivering in-company corporate postgraduate programmes for companies. Added to this, I have been involved in international recruitment. I have ten years experience as an external examiner for other UK Universities.
MA, Cert Ed, PhD
Previous External Examining:
Examiner in Information Systems and Strategy for the Association of Business Executives (2013);
External examiner for three other Universities over a ten year period (2000 - 2008)
Member of United Kingdom Association of Information Systems (UKAIS)
Member of the Change Management Institute
Member of the European Association of Creativity and Innovation
Research membership: Member of KITE Research Centre
Recognition: Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
My aim as a teacher is to promote a learner-centered environment that focuses on 'theory into practice'. I have previously been awarded Fellow in Learning and Teaching (2002) and Applauding Teaching and Learning (ATL) (2004)awards.
Currently Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Roles and Responsibility: Current Role
Module Leader for five modules
Enterprise and Entrepreneurship with Lean Innovation
Entrepreneurship: New Venture Creation
Leadership in Action
Dissertation Supervisor for Master students
I have previously designed and lead postgraduate Masters Programmes. Moreover, I have been involved in designing 'in-company' programmes with industry, as such managing and delivering corporate executive education as DPD. I have always keenly applied new technologies for learning and teaching and have delivered postgraduate modules in blended learning through a problem-based learning leaning approach.
Previous Roles in Universities:
Programme Manager for MSc E-Knowledge Management (3 years)
Course Director of MSc in General Management;
Course Director of MBA Knowledge Management (4 years)
Course Director of the Certificate in Management ( 6 years)
'In-Company' Director for Britvic Orange; Marconi and Chelmsford Council (5 years)
Research Methods Co-ordinator
Current research projects include:
- Research on the Creative Pedagogies in Education;
- The Entrepreneurial Journey and Reflective Practice;
- Entrepreneurial Leadership and Resilience
I am specifically interested in the following:-
- Contemporary leadership, innovation and management;
- The Entrepreneurial leader, resilience and wellness;
- E-learning and higher education;
- The emerging technologies;
- Lean and business models for start-up
- Personal development, knowledge management, personal knowledge management, IC and know-how.
Supervisor of postgraduate Masters dissertations
Associate Editor for Knowledge Management paper(s) for the International Journal of Knowledge, Change and Culture Management – August 2006) - 2009
Member of the WEBIST 2007 programme committee, and Editor of the Journal for WEBIST 2007.
Editor for 3rd Asia Pacific International Conference in Knowledge Management, Hong Kong 2006.
Acted as a referee for submitted papers on behalf of UKAIS 2005 and 2006
Conference Presentation at IEEC, Glasgow 2017
- Young J. Personal Knowledge Capital: The Inner and Outer Path of Knowledge Creation in a Web World. Oxford: Chandos Publishing, 2012.
- Young J. Knowledge and Learning Frameworks: The Cyclical Model of Knowledge and the Learning Cube for Higher Education: A case-study. International Journal of Knowledge , Culture and Change Management 2009, 9, 10.
- Ragsdell G, Young J, Remington K. Assessing Opportunities for Project Management Education: An Australian Case Study. International Journal of Knowledge , Culture and Change Management 2006, 5(7), 53-60.
- Young J. The Synergy between Knowledge Creation Assets and the Learning Environment: A Case-Study. International Journal of Knowledge , Culture and Change Management 2006, 6(5).