Professor Jonathan Sapsed
Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Email: email@example.com
Newcastle University Business School
5 Barrack Road
Tel. +44(0)191 208 1500
Jonathan Sapsed is Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Newcastle University Business School (from 2016), where he researches and lectures on innovation management and policy. Jonathan has led research grants with a value of over £4m from AHRC, EPSRC, ESRC, and the European Commission. He was Principal Investigator of the Brighton Fuse projects (www.brightonfuse.com), a £1.2m initiative to map, measure and enhance a significant digital creative cluster. He was an Innovation Fellow of the Advanced Institute of Management Research (AIM) and has held research appointments at the London School of Economics, Imperial College Business School, SPRU at the University of Sussex and Cranfield School of Management. Jonathan has researched creativity and innovation in digital firms in Silicon Valley in the US, UK video games developers, as well as companies such as Disney, Sun Microsystems, Ericsson, and QinetiQ.
He is co-editor of the Oxford Handbook of Creative Industries and has served on editorial boards of Journal of Management, Technovation and International Journal of Innovation Management. His work is published in journals such as Organization Studies and Research Policy and he has been invited to speak and teach in Brazil, China, France, India, Italy and Vietnam.
- Sapsed J, Camerani R, Masucci M, Rajguru M, Petermann M. Brighton Fuse 2: Freelancers in the Creative Digital IT Economy. 2015.
- Camerani R, Masucci M, Sapsed J. Brighton Fuse 2: The Brighton CDIT Cluster Three Years Later: Second Wave Firm Survey. 2015.
- Jones C, Lorenzen M, Sapsed J. Creative Industries: A Typology of Change. In: Jones, C; Lorenzen, M; Sapsed, J, ed. The Oxford Handbook of Creative Industries. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Jones C, Lorenzen M, Sapsed J, ed. The Oxford Handbook of Creative Industries. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015.
- Sapsed J, Tschang FT. Art is Long, Innovation is Short: Lessons from the Renaissance and the digital age. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2014, 83, 127-141.
- Mangematin V, Sapsed J, Schuessler E. Disassembly and Reassembly: An introduction to the special Issue on digital technology and the creative industries. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2014, 83, 1-9.
- Prado P, Sapsed J. The Anthropophagic Organization: How Innovations Transcend the Temporary in a Project-Based Organization. Organization Studies 2016, 37(12), 1793-1818.
- Savona M, Sapsed J. Economics, Innovation and History: Perspectives in honour of Nick von Tunzelmann. Research Policy 2013, 42(10), 1695-1705.
- Perren L, Sapsed J. Innovation as politics : the rise and reshaping of innovation in UK parliamentary discourse 1960-2005. Research Policy 2013, 42(10), 1815-1828.
- Butt M, Cross E, Holliman N, Kempton L, Legget J, Mackenzie E, Ross H, Sapsed J, Swords J, Vallance P, Whitehurst F. Creative Fuse North East: Initial Report. Newcastle University, UK, 2017.
- Sapsed J. Visions and Innovation Strategy. In: Costanzo, L.A.;Bradley MacKay, R, ed. The Handbook of Research on Strategy and Foresight. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2009.