Dr Karen Elliott
Lecturer in Enterprise and Innovation/Ethics Convenor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0191 2081719
- Personal Website: http://ncl.ac.uk/business-school/staff/profile/karenelliott.html
- Address: Newcastle University Business School, Room 8.21, 5 Barrack Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 4SE
Karen Elliott is a Lecturer in Innovation and Enterprise and Ethics Convenor at Newcastle University Business School (NUBS) and holds both a Masters (Research Methods) and PhD in Sociology and Social Policy from Durham University. A member of staff since March 2016, she leads the Programme and Project Management Module (MBA), Project Management (MA in Management) and Research Methods (MA - ICE, ABC and e-Business programmes). Prior to joining academia, she worked as a project, change, and programme manager (public, private, and voluntary sectors).
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Practitioner
Management of Risk (MoR) Practitioner
Management of Value (MoV)
Change Management Practitioner (APMG)
Research interests and expertise:
Complexity and wicked problems theory applied to the business context
Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA)
Qualitative and Quantitative analysis
Public sector management, analysis and governance
Digital Economy and cyber securityBlock chains and risk finance
- Elliott K, Massacci F, Williams J. Action, Inaction, Trust and Cybersecurity's Common Property Problem. IEEE Security & Privacy 2016, 14(1), 82-86.
- Horton KE, Jacobs G, Bayerl PS, Rothengatter M, Elliott K, Gasco M, Giljohann S, Rus C. A balancing act: How to avoid professional disidentification when faced with stakeholder critique. In: 75th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Best Paper. 2015, Vancouver. Submitted.
- Bayerl PS, Horton KE, Jacobs G, Rogiest S, Reguli Z, Gruschinske M, Constanzo P, Stojanovski T, Vonas G, Gasco M, Elliott K. Perspectives on the police profession: an international investigation. Policing: an International Journal of Police Strategies and Management 2014, 37(4), 728-745.
- Stone IE, Elliott K, Lamb J. Integrating Impact Assessment with the Business Process: A Case Study of BE Group. In: Institute of Small Business and Entrepreneurship (ISBE) 34th annual conference. 2011, Sheffield. Submitted.
- Macnaughton RJ, Collins PJ, White M, Elliott K, Soukas A, Purves G, Kellett P, Coleman SM. Designing for Health: Architecture, Art and Design at the James Cook University Hospital. London: NHS Estates, 2007. Centre for Arts and Humanities in Health and Medicine (Durham University).
- Hughes P, Hodgkinson IR, Elliott K, Hughes M. Strategy, operations, and profitability: the role of resource orchestration. International Journal of Operations and Production Management 2018, 38(4), 1125-1143.
- van den Oord A, Elliott K, van Witteloostuijn A, Barlage M, Polos L, Rogiest S. A Cognitive Organization Theory of Organizational Change: Measuring Organizational Texture, Audience Appeal, and Leadership Engagement. Journal of Organizational Change Management 2017, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Elliott K, Massacci F, Ngo C-N, Williams J. Unruly Innovation: Distributed Ledgers, Blockchains and the Protection of Transactional Rents (ranked top 10 in SSRN). Social Science Research Network (SSRN), 2016. Available at: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2888872. In Preparation.