Lecturer in Architecture
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 6019
- Address: School of Architecture Planning and Landscape
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
Matthew is a Lecturer in Architecture at Newcastle University and is also enrolled in the recently established Ph.D. by Creative Practice. Along with James A. Craig, he runs the experimental design platform Stasus, who were recently published in Pamphlet Architecture 32: Resilience, the latest in the long running and influential series (published by Princeton Architectural Press).
Matt teaches in the architecture department at both undergraduate and final year (MArch stage 6) level. He coordinates the stage 3 module Principles and Theories of Architecture, an innovative module focussing on representational techniques and the design process.
MA (Hons), MArch (Dist.)
- Ozga-Lawn M, Craig J. Resilience. New York: Princeton Architectural Press, 2012.
- Craig J, Ozga-Lawn M. Everest Death Zone. Paper for Emerging Architectural Research 2014, 1(5).
- Ozga-Lawn M. Sight/Site Constructions. In: Landscape & Imagination: Towards a new baseline for education in a changing world. 2013, Paris, France: Bandecchi & Vivaldi.
- Craig J, Ozga-Lawn M. The Studio as Site: exploring the positionality of the designer in the creative process. Association of Architectural Educators 2016, 1, 67-79.
- Craig JA, Ozga-Lawn M. Emerging practices in design research. Architectural Research Quarterly 2015, 19(3), 202-203.
- Craig J, Ozga-Lawn M. Looking; Looking Back. Architectural Research Quarterly 2015, 19(3), 212-223.
- Craig J, Ozga-Lawn M. The Doomer’s Ball. In: Fairy Tales: When Architecture Tells a Story. New York, NY, USA: Blank Space, 2015, pp.110-117.
- Craig J, Ozga-Lawn M. Everest Death Zone. In: Moving Mountains: Studies in Place, Society and Cultural Representation. 2014. Edinburgh, UK: Tent Gallery, 4.
- Ozga-Lawn M. The Duke in His Domain. Architecture & Education Journal 2014, 11(Nov 2014), 119-134.