Dr Eleftherios Alamanos
Lecturer in Marketing
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 1555
- Address: Newcastle University Business School
5 Barrack Road
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
ORCID Profile: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4294-458X/print
Google Scholar: Click here.
PhD in Food Marketing (Consumer Behaviour), Newcastle University, UK.
M.Sc. in Agricultural Economics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
B.Sc. in Agriculture, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
Eleftherios' work focuses on interventions in consumer behaviour. He is currently working on projects which focus on the role of technology on citizens’ everyday activities in general and in the context of retailing in particular. His previous work has examined digital signage installations in department stores and their effect on consumer purchasing behaviour. Eleftherios has also works on projects focusing on consumers’ perceptions of food to promote the adoption of a healthy food related lifestyle. In addition, he has successfully co-supervised a KTP examining older citizens’ perceptions of local transportation networks.
- Retailing / E-Commerce
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Channels
- Adoption, Acceptance and Diffusion of Technologies
- Food Marketing
Degree Programme Director of N500 B.Sc. Marketing
MKT2011 Sales Management and Marketing Channels
Supervision of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Dissertations.
- Dennis C, Brakus JJ, Garcia G, McIntyre C, Alamanos E, King T. A Cross-National Study of Evolutionary Origins of Gender Shopping Styles: She Gatherer, He Hunter?. Journal of International Marketing 2018. In Press.
- Lu Y, Papagiannidis S, Alamanos E. Internet of Things: A systematic review of the business literature from the user and organisational perspectives. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2018, Epub ahead of print.
- Dennis C, Bourlakis M, Alamanos E, Papagiannidis S, Brakus J. Value co-creation through multiple shopping channels: The interconnections with social exclusion and wellbeing. International Journal of Electronic Commerce 2017, 21(4), 517-547.
- Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M, Alamanos E, Dennis C. Preferences of smart shopping channels and their impact on perceived wellbeing and social inclusion. Computers in Human Behaviour 2017, 77, 396-405.
- Apiraksattayakul C, Papagiannidis S, Alamanos E. Shopping via Instagram: The influence of perceptions of value, benefits and risks on purchase intentions. International Journal of Online Marketing 2017, 7(4), 1.
- Dennis C, Alamanos E, Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M. Does social exclusion influence multiple channel use? The interconnections with community, happiness and well-being. Journal of Business Research 2016, 69(3), 1061-1070.
- Dennis C, Papagiannidis S, Alamanos E, Bourlakis M. The role of brand attachment strength in higher education. Journal of Business Research 2016, 69(8), 3049-3057.
- Dennis C, Brakus J, Gupta S, Alamanos E. The effect of digital signage on shoppers' behavior: The role of the evoked experience. Journal of Business Research 2014, 67(11), 2250–2257.
- Al-Qeisi K, Dennis C, Alamanos E, Jayawardhena C. Website design quality and usage behavior: Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology. Journal of Business Research 2014, 67(11), 2282–2290.
- Alamanos E, Kuznesof S, Ritson C. The influence of holidays on wine purchasing behaviour: Marketing and tourism insights based on a holiday experience in Greece. International Journal of Tourism Research 2014, (ePub ahead of print).
- Dennis C, Brakus J, Alamanos E. The Wallpaper Matters: The Influence of the Content of Digital Ads on Customer in-Store Experience. Journal of Marketing Management 2013, 29(3-4), 338-355.
- Alamanos E, Bourlakis M, Tzimitra-Kalogianni I. Segmenting Greek tomato consumers: Policy and marketing insights towards a healthy diet. British Food Journal 2013, 115(4), 488-507.
- Dennis C, Michon R, Brakus J, Newman A, Alamanos E. New insights into the impact of digital signage as a retail atmospheric tool. Journal of Consumer Behaviour 2012, 11(6), 454–466.
- Alamanos E, Dennis C, Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M. Value Co-Creation, Shopping Channels, Social Exclusion and Wellbeing. In: 22nd International Conference on Recent Advances in Retailing and Services Science. 2015, Montreal, Canada.
- Alamanos E, Charles D, Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M. Social Exclusion, Shopping and Well Being: A three - shopping channel approach. In: 2014 Shopper Marketing & Pricing Conference. 2014, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Dennis C, Alamanos E, Papagiannidis S, Bourlakis M. Investigating the effect of retail operations on consumer's social inclusion and wellbeing. In: British Academy of Management 2014 Conference. 2014, Belfast: British Academy of Management.
- Dennis C, Papagiannidis S, Alamanos E, Bourlakis M. The role of brand attachment and its antecedents in brand equity in higher education. In: Academy of Marketing Science Annual Conference. 2016, Lake Buena Vista, FL, USA: Academy of Marketing Science.
- Ogunbodede O, Papagiannidis S, Alamanos E. Value Co-destruction: A Resource and Practices Perspective. In: Global Conference on Creating Value. 2018, Leicester, UK.