Dr Jonathan Kimmitt
Lecturer in Entrepreneurship
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0191 2081614
- Address: Room 8.21
5 Barrack Road,
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Jonathan is a Lecturer in Entrepreneurship. His academic background stems from issues pertaining to international development and the role of various forms of entrepreneurship that operate at this intersection. Jonathan is also an admissions tutor for the Marketing and Marketing & Management degrees.
PhD Innovation & Entrepreneurship
MEd with Distinction (International Development & Education)
BA (Hons) Politics
Google Scholar: Click here.
- International Development & Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Process
- Social impact Bonds
- Co-Investigator: The Structure and Dynamics of Social entrepreneurship in Chile. Funded by Production Development Corporation. CORFO Chile.
- Co-Investigator: Evaluation of the Ways to Wellness Social Impact Bond. Funded by Cabinet Office.
- 2017. International Social Innovation Research Conference. The Institutional Change of Social Impact Bonds.
- 2017. ANZAM. Building Hopes for the Future. Inter-generational Well-Being in Rural Kenya
- 2016. International Social Innovation Research Conference. Inclusive Innovation Through the Lens of Instrumental Freedoms
- 2016. Babson College of Entrepreneurship Research Conference. Towards An Institutional Geography of Entrepreneurial Resource Mobilisation
- 2015. International Social Innovation Research Conference. Re-Thinking the ethics of Inclusive Innovation
- 2014. Fifth Subsistence Marketplace Conference. Social Network Dynamics in a Microfinance Context: Evidence from Ghana.
- 2013. Oxford Colloqium of Social Entrepreneurship Research. Social Entrepreneurs as Institutional Entrepreneurs. When Do they Fulfil a Social Mission?
- 2013. Babson College of Entrepreneurship Research Conference. Social Entrepreneurs as Institutional Entrepreneurs. When Do They Fulfil a Social Mission?
- 2012. NYU-Stern Conference on Social Entrepreneurship. Microfinance and Scaling Education Services for the Poor.
- 2011. NYU-Stern Conference on Social Entrepreneurship. Microfinance, Entrepreneurship & Poverty Alleviation.
- 2013. Best Paper in Social Entrepreneurship at the Babson College for Entrepreneurship Research Conference.
- 2010-2013. PhD Scholarship. Newcastle University Business School.
BUS3039 - International Entrepreneurship (Module Leader)
BUS2011 - Business Enterprise (Module Leader)
NBS8111 - International Entrepreneurship (Module leader w/ Bob Newbery)
- Muñoz P, Kimmitt J. Entrepreneurship and the rest: the missing debate. Journal of Business Venturing Insights 2018, 9, 100-106.
- Kimmitt J. Educational Entrepreneurship Today, Edited by Frederick Hess & Michael McShane. Journal of School Choice 2017, 11(2), 326-328.
- Kimmitt J, Munoz P. Entrepreneurship and financial inclusion through the lens of instrumental freedoms. International Small Business Journal: Researching Entrepreneurship 2017, 35(7), 803-828.
- Kimmitt J, Scarlata M, Dimov D. An empirical investigation of the interplay between microcredit, institutional context and entrepreneurial capabilities. Venture Capital: An International Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance 2016, 18(3), 257-276.
- Munoz P, Kimmitt J, Serey T, Velazquez L. The Structure and Dynamics of Social Entrepreneurship in Chile [Estructura y dinámica del emprendimiento social en Chile]. Santiago de Chile: Universidad del Desarrollo, Instituto de Innovación Social, 2016.
- Kimmitt J. Examining the Role of the Entrepreneur in Development and Education. In: Dixon, P; Counihan, C; Humble, S, ed. Handbook of International Development and Education. Elgar, 2015. In Press.
- Kimmitt J, Scarlata M, Dimov D. Social entrepreneurs as institutional entrepreneurs: When do they fulfill a social mission?. In: Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference. 2014, Ontario, Canada.