Dr YiChuan Wang
Lecturer in Marketing
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44(0)203 752 2449
- Address: Newcastle University London Campus
102 Middlesex St, London E1 7EZ
Dr. Yichuan Wang is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Marketing and a member of the Centre for Knowledge, Innovation, Technology, and Enterprise (KITE) at the Newcastle University Business School. Prior to joining Newcastle, he worked as an Instructor in Business Analytics at the Raymond J. Harbert College of Business, Auburn University, in the United States, where he was awarded his Ph.D. degree in Business & Information Systems. He currently serves as a guest editor of special issue for several academic journals including the Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Business Research, Information Technology & People, and International Journal of Information Management.
Yichuan's research focuses on the social media marketing, sharing economy, and big data analytics for healthcare and sustainable development. His work has published in the prestigious academic journals, including Annals of Tourism Research, Journal of Business Research, Industrial Marketing Management, Information & Management, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, International Journal of Production Economics, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Computers in Human Behavior, International Journal of Information Management, and Journal of Knowledge Management.
Yichuan won the Best Paper Award at the 2008 Global Marketing Conference, and was listed as a finalist for the Best Paper Award at the 20th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) in 2014. Recently, he has been awarded Research Excellence Award from Newcastle University. He also has been nominated by Newcastle University for a Teaching Excellence Award in the Outstanding Contribution to Teaching category.
His research papers "Big data analytics: Understanding its capabilities and potential benefits for healthcare organizations (Read the article click here)" and "An integrated big data analytics-enabled transformation model: Application to health care (Read the article click here)" are selected as the most downloaded article in the Technological Forecasting and Social Change and Information & Management respectively since January, 2017.
View my research on ResearchGate
Google Scholar Citation Index click here
LinkedIn: Yichuan Wang
- Social media & digital marketing (Social commerce, online consumer behavior, and social media for B2B marketing
- Sharing economy
- Big data analytics-enabled business transformation
- Big data analytics for sustainable development
- Digital innovation and business value
Editorial Appointment for Journals and Conferences
- Guest editor for the special issue of Industrial Marketing Management (Impact Factor: 3.678; ABS 3) titled " Analytics in the Era of Big Data: The Digital Transformations, Management Revolution, and Value Creation in Industrial Marketing."
- Guest editor, Special issue of Information Technology & People (Impact Factor: 1.639; ABS 3) titled "Integral Aspect on Sharing Economy: the Interactions of People, Technologies, and Organisations."
- Guest editor, Special issue on Applications of Business Intelligence and Analytics in Social Media Marketing, International Journal of Information Management (Impact Factor: 4.516, ABS 2)
- Mini-track co-chair, Augmenting Human Intelligence: Artificially, Socially, & Ethically, 52nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2019), Maui, Hawaii
- Workshop co-chair, Workshop on sharing economy, 26th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2018), Portsmouth, UK, 2018
- Conference Associate Director, 3rd International Conference on Marketing, Strategy, and Policy, London, UK, 2018
- Track Chair, 21st Americas Conference on Information System (AMCIS 2015), Puerto Rico, US, 2015
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Special Interest Group on Health of AIS (AIS SIG-Health)
- IEEE Education Society
- American Society for Engineering Management (ASEM)
Current Doctoral Supervision
Prospective PhD applicants and PhD students are welcome to make enquiries especially if you are interested in doing the research in the areas of social media marketing, sharing economy, and big data analytics.
- Doane Ye (2018-ongoing)
- Jingshan Yang (2018-ongoing)
- Rui Ma (2018-ongoing)
- Abraham Joseph (2016-ongoing)
LMK1002 Introduction to Marketing (Undergraduate)
LMK2004 Research Methods for Business and Marketing (Undergraduate)
LBS8526 Principles of Marketing (Postgraduate)
LBS8505 Market Analysis (Postgraduate)
- Hajli N, Wang Y, Tajvidi M. Travel envy on social networking sites. Annals of Tourism Research 2018, Epub ahead of print.
- Wang Y, Kung L, Wang YCW, Cegielski CG. An integrated big data analytics-enabled transformation model: Application to health care. Information and Management 2018, 55(1), 64-79.
- Wang Y, Kung K, Byrd TA. Big data analytics: Understanding its capabilities and potential benefits for healthcare organizations. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2018, 126, 3-13.
- Tajvidi M, Richard M, Wang Y, Hajli N. Brand co-creation through social commerce information sharing: The role of social media. Journal of Business Research 2018, epub ahead of print.
- Ker JI, Wang Y, Hajli N. Examining the Impact of Health Information Systems on Healthcare Service Improvement: The Case of Reducing in Patient-flow Delays in a U.S. Hospital. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2018, 127, 188-198.
- Yu CH, Tsai CC, Wang Y, Lai KK, Tajvidi M. Towards Building a Value Co-Creation Circle in Social Commerce. Computers in Human Behavior 2018, Epub ahead of print.
- Tajvidi M, Wang Y, Hajli N, Love PED. Brand value Co-creation in social commerce: The role of interactivity, social support, and relationship quality. Computers in Human Behavior 2018, epub ahead of print.
- Cheng X, Wang Y, Sankar CS. Using Serious Games in Data Communications and Networking Management Course. Journal of Computer Information Systems 2018, 58(1), 39-48.
- Wang Y, Hajli N. Exploring the path to big data analytics success in healthcare. Journal of Business Research 2017, 70, 287-299.
- Hajli N, Wang Y, Tajvidi M, Hajli S. People, Technologies, and Organizations Interactions in a Social Commerce Era. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management 2017, 64(4), 594-604.
- Wang Y, Byrd TA. Business Analytics-Enabled Decision Making Effectiveness through Knowledge Absorptive Capacity in Health Care. Journal of Knowledge Management 2017, 21(3), 517-539.
- Wang Y, Yu C. Social interaction-based consumer decision-making model in social commerce: The role of word of mouth and observational learning. International Journal of Information Management 2017, 37(3), 179-189.
- Wang Y, Rajan P, Sankar CS, Raju PK. Let Them Play: The Impact of Mechanics and Dynamics of a Serious Game on Student Perceptions of Learning Engagement. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies 2017, 10(4), 514-525.
- Wang Y, Hsiao S, Yang Z, Hajli N. The impact of sellers' social influence on the co-creation of innovation with customers and brand awareness in online communities. Industrial Marketing Management 2016, 54, 56-70.
- Lin Y, Wang Y, Kung L. Influences of cross-functional collaboration and knowledge creation on technology commercialization: Evidence from high-tech industries. Industrial Marketing Management 2015, 49, 128–138.
- Hajli N, M Shanmugam, A Hajli, A Khani, Y Wang. Health care development: integrating transaction cost theory with social support theory. Informatics for Health and Social Care 2015, 40(4), 334-344.
- Ker J, Wang Y, Hajli MN, Song J, Ker CW. Deploying Lean in Healthcare: Evaluating Information Technology Effectiveness in U.S. Hospital Pharmacies. International Journal of Information Management 2014, 34(4), 556-560.
- Hajli N, Lin X, Featherman M, Wang Y. Social Word Of Mouth: How Trust Develops in the Market. International Journal of Market Research 2014, 56(5), 673-689.
- Wang Y. Leveraging Big Data Analytics to Improve Quality of Care in Health Care: A fsQCA Approach. In: 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 2018, Big Island, Hawaii, US: IEEE.
- Wu Y, Wang Y. Achieving Market Agility through Organizational Mindfulness towards IT Innovation and Information Processing Capacities. In: 7th International Conference on Restructuring of the Global Economy (ROGE). 2017, University of Oxford, UK: ABRM.
- Kung L, Wang Y, Kung HJ. Exploring Configurations for Business Value from Event-Driven Architecture in Healthcare. In: Thirty Seventh International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS2016). 2016, Dublin, Ireland: AIS Electronic Library (AISeL).
- Wang Yichuan, Hajli Nick. Co-Creation in Branding through Social Commerce: The Role of Social Support, Relationship Quality and Privacy Concerns. In: AMCIS 2014. 2014, Georgia, USA: AIS Library.