The Zeiss AxioPlan offers three modes of operation: brightfield transmitted light and wide-field fluorescence.
- Plan Neofluar 2.5x/0.075
- Plan Neofluar 5x/0.15 Ph1
- Plan Neofluar 10x/0.3 Ph1
- Plan Neofluar 20x/0.5 Ph2
- Plan Neofluar 40x/1.3 Ph3(oil)
- Plan Apochromat 63x/1.4 Ph3 (oil)
- DAPI (FS 02)
- FITC (FS 09)
- GFP (FS 13)
- Rhodamine (FS 15)
- Texas Red (FS 00)
- wide field fluorecuorescence
- brightfield, with multi-point x,y (2D) with tiling
- volume x,y,z (3D)
- structured illumination (Apotome, fluorescence only)
This microscope is located in the Institute for Genetic Medicine.
BioImaging Unit (IGM) East Wing, International Centre for Life room G329.
Institute of Genetic Medicine
International Centre for Life
Newcastle upon Tyne
Here, you can get directions to the building.
Enter your postcode or address to find directions
Find out how to book this microscope.
The minimal booking time for this equipment is 30 minutes. Time increments of 15 minutes are permitted.
Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to an hour before scheduled use.
Before booking this equipment, please ensure the following:
- any users are fully trained, and approved by a member of BioImaging facility staff
- microscopes are left in a good state of tidiness (lenses/stage should be cleaned of any oil)
- filters and lenses must not be removed or switched between systems without authorisation from Bioimaging facility staff
If you work at Newcastle University, you can book this microscope online by using iLab.
If you're a commercial company or an academic at another institution, just contact us to discuss your requirements.