Guide to accessing the Centre
he key steps involved in the initiation of a study, incorporation of Centre-specific information into applications for funding and ethical approval, and performance of the study are:
- Contact our CIVI Admin staff with your study expression of interest and a Costings Request form will be provided to you.
- Discuss your project plans with Professor David Brooks or Dr Ross Maxwell, if required.
- If your study is accepted, study costs will be finalised and relevant information provided to you for your ethics application. For PETMR studies it is our policy that scanner safety information provided by our MR physics team is incorporated into applications for ethical approval.
- Submit your grant application and ethics application and notify the Centre of successful funding and ethical approval.
- Your study is registered with us once all approvals are in place.
- Schedule your study scans and attend safety training associated with radiation and/or MR magnet, if applicable.
Details of the documents required to undertake scanning at the Centre can be found in Steps in Launching a Study (PDF: 163KB).
Positron Emission Tomography (PET) is now a widely accepted method for diagnosis of several types of cancer.
When used in this way, patients receive an injection containing a very short-lived radioactive form of glucose.
The Centre can provide PETCT clinical scans when referred to us through NHS Trusts.
Private scans are carried out on medical referral.
Contact our CIVI Admin staff for further information.