Professor Jingxin Dong
Professor of Operations Management
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 1692
- Address: Room 8.21
5 Barrack Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dr Jingxin Dong is working in the field of Operations Management and Supply Chain Management at Newcastle University Business School. He led or participated in more than ten research projects in both China and the UK, and his expertise is to apply mathematics and information technology to improve the efficiency of logistics, transport and supply chain management.
He is currently Deputy Director of PhD programme, Director of DBA, co-Director for Research Centre for Multidisciplinary Applied Research in Organisational Excellence (MAROE) at Newcastle University Business School.
Google scholar: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=5Jsk6HAAAAAJ&hl=en
- Modelling, simulation and optimisation for stochastic systems;
- Logistics and supply chain management;
- Intelligent transport system studies;
- Shipping and port management;
- Transport planning and management;
- Application of GPS/GIS in transport
- Elsevier Outstanding Reviewer (2015)
- Beijing Scientific Excellence Award by Beijing Municipal Government (2006)
- Excellent University Graduate awarded by the Government of Sichuan Province, China (1999)
- British Council UKIERI and Indian UGC, Collaborative Decision Making on Container Supply Chains. (£ 143,313.11 in total, £84,130.00 to NCL), PI
- British Council Newton Fund and NFSC (2016-2017), UK-China Research Workshop on Green House Gas Reduction in International Logistics and Supply Chain. (£34,510 in Total, £17,310.00 to NCL), PI
- Newcastle HASS Faculty (2016-2017) Reinvent container. £ 5,462.07, PI
- Newcastle HASS Faculty (2015-2016), Container leasing optimisation with stochastic demands in shipping industry. £ 3450.00, PI
- EU FP7(2013 – 2017), LEANWIND (Logistic Efficiencies and Naval architecture for Wind Installations with Novel Developments, 15 million euro ) Co-I
- HEFCE Promising Researcher Grant (2010-2011), £5,000, PI
- LJMU Faculty of Technology and Environment Research Grant (2010-2011), £2,000, PI
- EU INTERREG IVB NEW WEASTFLOWS Strengthening the development of sustainable connectivity in NWE for freight and logistics with the support of ICT innovative solutions (2011-2015), €9,072,555.32, Co-I
Act as referees for international academic journals including:
- Transportation Science
- European Journal of Operational Research
- Journal of the Operational Research Society
- Transportation Research Part B
- Transportation Research Part C
- Transportation Research Part E
- International Journal of Logistics Management
- International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics
- International Journal of Agile Systems and Management (IJASM)
- International Journal of Logistics: Research and Application
- Systems Research and Behavioral Science
- OR Spectrum
- Research in Transportation Economics
- Transport Policy
- European Management Journal
- Naval Research Logistics
- Flexible Services and Manufacturing Journal
- Maritime Policy and Management
- International Journal of Automation and Computing
- Risk Analysis
- Annals of Operations Research
- Journal of Ocean Engineering and Science
- Journal of Transport Geography
- Computers and Operations Research
- Transportmetrica A
- Transportmetrica B
- International Journal of Production Research
- Computers and Industrial Engineering
- Cogent Business and Management
- Technological Forecasting and Social Change
Act as referees for research grant
- Romanian National Research Council
- National Natural Science Foundation of China
The present and past modules
- Modern Logistics Technology
- Data Structure in C
- Personal Development Skills
- Integrating Activities in Shipping Industry
- Academic & Professional Development
- Project Preparation & Commercial Project
- Logistics & Distribution Planning
- Research Methods
- Project Management
- Distribution & Warehouse Management
- Inventory & Transportation Management( PT & FT)
- Supply Chain Planning & Control
- Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain and Logistics Modelling and Control
- Optimisation Models for Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Chang CH, Xu JJ, Dong JX. Evaluating Risk Mitigation Strategies in Container Shipping Operations. Expert System with Application 2018. Submitted.
- Jensma L, Ursavas E, Dong JX. Job allocation of hierarchical skilled workers with non- fixed shifts and rest time regulations. OR Spectrum 2018. Submitted.
- Dev NK, Shankar R, Gupta R, Dong JX. Multi-criteria evaluation of real-time key performance indicators of supply chain with consideration of big data architecture. Computers and Industrial Engineering 2018, (In Press, Corrected Proof).
- Dong JX. Pirate attack avoidance routing in liner shipping industry. Tranportation Research Part B 2018. In Preparation.
- He BJ, Li JX, Tsung F, Gao Y, Dong JX. Statistical Control of Consumption Load and Real-Time Price Adjustment for Smart Grid. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid 2018. Submitted.
- Abriyantoro D, Dong JX, Hicks H, Singh S. Stochastic optimisation of biomass outsourcing in cement manufacturing industry. Energy Journal 2018. Submitted.
- Qin YH, Dong JX, Xu JJ, Shenkard R, Hicks C. Supply Chain Coordination with Asymmetric Fairness Concern Information: Theoretical Analysis and Empirical Evidence. Annals of Operations Research 2018. Submitted.
- Uilhoorn W, Dong JX, Fazi S. Three-dimensional bin packing with vertical stability and layer packing. European Journal of Operations Research 2018. Submitted.
- Qin YH, Wei GX, Dong JX. The signaling game model under asymmetric fairness-concern information. Cluster Computing 2017, (ePub ahead of print).
- Chen RY, Dong JX, Lee CY. Pricing in a shipping market with waste shipments and empty container repositioning. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 2016, 85, 32-55.
- Song D-P, Dong J-X. Empty Container Repositioning. In: Handbook of Ocean Container Transport Logistics. Springer New York LLC, 2015, pp.163-208.
- Dong JX, Lee CY, Song DP. Joint service capacity planning and dynamic container routing in shipping network with uncertain demands. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 2015, 78, 404-421.
- Song DP, Dong JX, Xu J. Integrated inventory management and supplier base reduction in a supply chain with multiple uncertainties. European Journal of Operational Research 2014, 232(3), 522-536.
- Dong JX, Xu J, Song DP. Assessment of empty container repositioning policies in maritime transport. International Journal of Logistics Management 2013, 24(1), 49-72.
- Song DP, Dong JX. Long-haul liner service route design with ship deployment and empty container repositioning. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 2013, 55, 188-211.
- Dong JX, Cheng T, Xu J, Wu J. Quantitative assessment of urban road network hierarchy planning. Town Planning Review 2013, 84(4), 445-472.
- Song DP, Dong JX. Cargo routing and empty container repositioning in multiple shipping service routes. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 2012, 46(10), 1556-1575.
- Dong JX, Song DP. Lease term optimization in container shipping systems. International Journal of Logistics Research and Applications 2012, 15(2), 87-107.
- Dong JX, Song DP. Quantifying the impact of inland transport times on container fleet sizing in liner shipping service with uncertainties. OR Spectrum 2012, 34(1), 155-180.
- Song DP, Dong JX. Effectiveness of an empty container repositioning policy with flexible destination ports. Transport Policy 2011, 18(1), 92-101.
- Song DP, Dong JX. Flow balancing-based empty container respositioning in typical shipping service routes. Maritime Economics and Logistics 2011, 13(1), 61-77.
- Song DP, Dong JX, Roe M. Optimal container dispatching policy and its structure in a shuttle service with finite capacity and random demands. International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics 2010, 2(1), 44-58.
- Dong JX, Song DP. Container fleet sizing and empty repositioning in liner shipping systems. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review 2009, 45(6), 860-877.
- Song DP, Dong JX. Empty container management in cyclic shipping routes. Maritime Economics and Logistics 2008, 10(4), 335-361.
- Liang Z, Huang L, Dong JX, Wu J. Microscopic analysis of urban network using probe vehicle. Journal of Transportation System Engineering and Information(in Chinese) 2006, 1, 75-79.
- Dong JX, Wu J. Algorithms and reliability analysis of OD estimation with probe vehicle data. Transaction of Beijing Jiaotong University(in Chinese) 2005, 3, 73-76.
- Dong JX, Wu J, Guo J. Analysis of hierarchy of Beijing road network with GPS data. City Planning(in Chinese) 2005, 10, 70-74.
- Dong JX, Wu J. Comparative study on recognition of transportation system under real and UE status. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2005.
- Zhou Y, Wu J, Dong JX. Evaluation of accessibility of urban traffic system with GPS data. ITS Letter(in Chinese) 2005, 2, 20-24.
- Dong JX, Wu J. Simulation of traffic equilibrium status with neural network, Journal of System Simulation. Journal of System Simulation(in Chinese) 2005, 3, 73-76.