We believe that the greatest advances will arise from multi-disciplinary collaboration. Our research themes are both cross-cutting and agile, and supplement our research groups.
From clean water to artificial limbs, we are working for sustainable growth, mobility for all, and supporting an ageing population.
Supporting growth, prosperity and productivity through modern and accessible infrastructure.
Our Academic Groups are associated with our subject specialisms. The groups collaborate within the School and across the University.
- Advanced Materials
- Electrochemical Engineering Science
- Materials, Concepts and Reaction Engineering
- Process Intensification
Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Marine, Offshore and Subsea Technology
- Marine Hydrodynamics and Structures
- Marine Resources and Renewable Energy
- Sustainable Shipping and Marine Engineering