The University was successful in achieving a Silver institutional award in April 2016. An application to renew this award for a further 4 years will be submitted in April 2019.
Our Silver Application and Action Plan (PDF: 3.06MB) demonstrates the impact of our activities and our commitment to developing an inclusive culture that values all staff.
The Dean of Diversity, Professor Judith Rankin, gave a presentation on Newcastle University and Athena SWAN at the Awards Ceremony in June 2016 and is available to download.
The University is also proud to have achieved 9 departmental awards across the three Faculties, and is working with other academic units to achieve Athena SWAN accreditation.
The Faculty of Medical Sciences (PDF: 7.79 MB) holds a Silver Athena SWAN award, which covers the following academic units:
- Institute of Cell and Molecular Biosciences
- Institute of Cellular Medicine
- Institute of Genetic Medicine
- Institute of Health and Society
- Institute of Neuroscience
- Northern Institute for Cancer Research
- NUMed (Malaysia)
- School of Biomedical Sciences
- School of Dental Sciences
- School of Medical Education
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Psychology
8 academic units have also received a Bronze Athena SWAN award:
- Newcastle University Business School (PDF: 1.78 MB)
- School of Arts and Cultures (PDF: 1.28 MB)
- School of Computing (PDF: 7.72 MB)
- School of Engineering (PDF: 0.93 MB)
- School of English Literature, Language and Linguistics (PDF: 1.17 MB)
- School of Geography, Politics and Sociology (PDF: 2.14 MB)
- School of Modern Lanugages (PDF: 1.49 MB)
- School of Natural and Environmental Sciences (PDF: 2.14 MB)