Dr Nick Megoran
Reader in Political Geography
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 6450
For my web pages, which contain information about my research and teaching, and links to my publications and other writings, please go to www.megoran.org
- Khamidov A, Megoran N, Heathershaw J. Bottom-up peacekeeping in southern Kyrgyzstan: how local actors managed to prevent the spread of violence from Osh/Jalal-Abad to Aravan, June 2010. Nationalities Papers 2017, 45(6), 1118-1134.
- Behr EH, Megoran NWS, Carnaffan J. Peace education, militarism and neo-liberalism: conceptual reflections with empirical findings from the UK. Journal of Peace Education 2017, Epub ahead of print.
- Foster Russell, Megoran Nick, Dunn Michael. Towards a geopolitics of atheism: Critical geopolitics post the ‘War on Terror’. Political Geography 2017, 60, 179-189.
- Megoran N. Warlike Christians in An Age of Violence: The Evangelical Case Against War and for Gospel Peace. USA: Wipf & Stock, 2017.
- Megoran N, Behr H, Carnaffan J. . TBC 2016. In Preparation.
- Megoran N. Nationalism in Central Asia. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press, 2017.
- Megoran N, Behr H, Carnaffan J. Peace education in times of militarization and neoliberalism: historical and contemporary perspectives on the English school system with empirical findings from Newcastle and Cambridgeshire school ‘peace days’. TBC 2016. In Preparation.
- Megoran N, Foster R, Dunn Michael. Towards a Critical Geopolitics of Atheism: 'New Atheism' and the War on Terror. Political Geography 2016. Submitted.
- Megoran N. Evangelical Geopolitics: Practices of Worship, Justice and Peacemaking. In: Brunn, SD, ed. The Changing World Religion Map: Sacred Places, Identities, Practices and Politics. New York; London: Springer, 2015, pp.3075-3094.
- McConnell Fiona, Megoran Nick, Williams Philippa, ed. Geographies of Peace. London: IB Tauris, 2014.
- Megoran Nick. Migration and peace: the transnational activities of Bukharan Jews. In: McConnell, Fiona; Megoran, Nick; Williams, Philippa, ed. Geographies of Peace. London: I.B.Tauris, 2014, pp.212-228.
- Megoran Nick. On (Christian) anarchism and (non)violence: a response to Simon Springer. Space and Polity 2014, 18(1), 97-105.
- Pande R, Jeffrey A, Megoran N, Young RG. Connecting lectures to current affairs: the “letters to newspapers” assignment. Journal of Geography in Higher Education 2013, 37(2), 220-229.
- Williams AJ, Jeffrey A, McConnell F, Megoran N, Askins K, Gill N, Nash C, Pande R. Interventions in teaching political geography: reflections on practice. Political Geography 2013, 34, 24-34.
- Jenkings KN, Megoran N, Woodward R, Bos D. Wootton Bassett and the political spaces of remembrance and mourning. Area 2012, 44(3), 356-363.
- Karagulova A, Megoran N. Discourses of danger and the 'war on terror': Gothic Kyrgyzstan and the collapse of the Akaev regime. Review of International Studies 2011, 37(1), 29-48.
- Megoran N. War and peace? An agenda for peace research and practice in geography. Political Geography 2011, 30(4), 178-189.
- Megoran N. Neoclassical geopolitics. Political Geography 2010, 29(4), 187-189.
- Lewis D, Megoran N, Heathershaw J. Illiberal Peace? Authoritarian Modes of Conflict Management. Cooperation and Conflict 2018. In Press.