Student Progress

Circumstances Affecting Your Studies

During your studies, you may need to travel outside the UK to complete fieldwork or to undertake a placement as part of your programme of study.

Please refer to the specific travel policies that have been created for undergraduate and postgraduate students:

If you are a taught student, please speak to your Degree Programmee Director about your request for a period of outside study, before completing a DPD Request Form.‌

If you are an international taught postgraduate student, please see our information for Outside Study Requests for PGT students with a Student Visa.

You should also see the University’s Travel Insurance Cover for Undergraduates or Postgraduates, as appropriate, prior to travelling.

Outside Study guidance for postgraduate research students can be found at Change of Circumstances in Guidance for PGR students.