Student Progress

Student Procedures

Student Procedures

The Student Progress Service is responsible for procedures covering circumstances you may face during your studies. This could include changing your degree programme, suspending your studies, submitting a complaint, or appealing against an assessment outcome. 

Support during formal casework proceedings

If you submit an appeal or complaint, or are subject to formal disciplinary procedures, you can be accompanied to meetings by a friend or supporter.  Consult the guidance note on the Guidance on the role of your friend/supporter for further information.


All information provided to, shall be treated as confidential, subject to the need to divulge information to investigate a case and any requirements of the Data Protection legislation. It is equally important that the Subject of the Investigation, also respects the need for confidentiality throughout the investigation process. Where confidentiality is breached this may be deemed an act of misconduct under the University’s Disciplinary procedures

Relevant members of staff will be informed of the outcome in confidence. Senior members of staff may also receive a copy of the outcome in confidence, in order for the University to learn/act on issues identified from an investigation.

Office of the Independent Adjudicator

Independent external review of disciplinary outcomes is provided by the Office of the Independent Adjudicator