Skip to main content


A basic level of contents insurance is provided for you when you live in University-owned or managed partner accommodation. Find out more about what's included and how to make a claim.

University-owned accommodation

As a student living in Newcastle University-owned accommodation, you are insured by Cover4Students, a trading style of UK & Ireland Insurance Services Ltd. The insurance is included in the price of your accommodation, so there is no extra charge unless you choose to top-up your policy to cover extra items such as bicycles. The coverage guarantees the protection of your valuables while they are in your accommodation. Once you move out, your belongings will no longer be insured. 

Managed-partnership accommodation

Your managed partnership accommodation charges include personal possessions insurance. This means your belongings are insured while they are in your accommodation for the duration of your contract. 

For more information about your policy, please refer to your accommodation site for specific policy details:

Your questions answered